• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Time To Upgrade

TexasRed

Novice But Avid Shooter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2013
The Republic Of Texas
I've been shooting a Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm for years now and consider myself very proficient in it. I would like to upgrade to a more high performance side arm. My budget is about 1,000 dollars. Not big on Glock or Berretta's. Anything else, I'm up for suggestions

Jeremy

High pro - in what context? Games?

if other than games - what specifically is lacking in your 226?

Depends on the mission and your definition of "high performance"...

Need more info.

The P226 is already fairly "high end" in its class.

A customized S&W M&P (VTAC) comes to mind, but may exceed your budget of $1000

On the other hand....if you are used to the "manual of arms" of the P226, you may want to stay with that type of platform (1e shot double action, de-cock lever, location of controls etc.)

That is what I like about Glocks. Different sizes and calibers, but they all work the same.

There are many considerations...

Good god, am I the first one to suggest you go 1911? Man, take your pick of the Springfield Armory or Dan Wesson line between $1k-$1200. I'm a bit partial to Loaded Operators but if you can find a used TRP, snag it!

i'll assume this isn't for carry...then go a P220 x-6 in 45 or 9mm.... beast....or the 226 SAO X-5 9mm I've got one, the nicest handgun i'ver ever shot...and because of the crazy laws down here i cant add a 45 X-6 I need to wait another 6 months....and will willingly sell a kidney to afford one

What isn't good on the P226 that you expect to be better on a $1000 pistol?
In other words, define "upgrade".

I understand wanting another gun just as well as the next guy, but you seem to want something "better" which is really subjective, and maybe even hard within $1000.

1911 trigger is awesome, but I just can't get over the magazine capacity.
All-round gun? Glock for me. Not for you apparently. Like I said, subjective...

I will have to agree with those that are saying 1911. by far the best pistols I have shot. I just picked up a colt XSE on gunbroker for 850. I also had a Kimber custom TLE II and loved it.