• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Calvin Elite feedbacks please?

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
I need a trigger for my 243. win project and was going to go with a Jewell trigger but i came across this trigger and was curious if people have had any chance to get behind it and really get some trigger time with it? How does it compare to the Jewell as it looks like there version of it. Looks like a really nice trigger but not enough info on it. Debating on just picking one up and giving it a go and seeing what i think but its pretty hard to beat the good ole jewell trigger! some opinions would be great!

Last edited:
There is a thread in the equipment section. People seem to really like it. I will be putting it on my current build.

I have 170 rounds through mine. All my other bolt guns use the 510 (regular Timney) - I have set this CE to the same 2# pull. IMO it is hard to improve on the 510, but they certainly did. The break is exceptionally clean. It is difficult to pinpoint, but my impression is that it has a quicker break than the 510. The biggest difference is the fingerpad - it does not have the vertical serrations and squared edges, it is more like the X-Mark with a smooth, narrow, and rounded feel.

I will probably proceed with the CE in the future over the 510. However, I don't feel the need to replace the 510's I have.

ce.JPG

Good looking trigger that's for sure! glad to hear good comments coming back off them. Hopefully they keep coming and maybe ill pick on up instead of a Jewell!

As one of the people caught up in the Remington trigger recall. Instead of dealing with the recall I installed a Calvin, it was a big improvement over the factory X40. It help reduce my group size noticeably. The only downside is that in severe blowing conditions guys had problems with getting airborne contamination. But that is a problem seen by most of the aftermarket triggers. As you reduce the tolerances to improve things and there isn't a place for contamination to go to. If you find yourself in severe condition bring along supplies to clean thing. I wouldn't get rid of mine.

I will let you know in a few weeks. My current build from AO will have the timney. From what I understand it should be comparable to the Jewell in my creedmoor.

I am currently using two in each of my comp rifles. I have about 500 rounds on them and shot two matches without any issues. I ordered three more this week to replace some Jewell's.

Great feedback gentlemen! glad to hear its doing well! Ive shot with the jewells, played with the Timney's and currently have a polished 40x sitting around 1.5# and love it but need another trigger for the Remington Recall as well. I preferred the Jewell over the older timney but excited to see this timney come out! might give it a go!

I have one in my BAT 6.5x47L I've went through a few triggers and finally have what I was looking for 1# and took out more that half the engagement they had in it. It is clean and consistent.

So far so good with mine. Held up great at the Camp Patriot Steel Challenge a few weeks back in the rain & then dust on day two. Breaks very clean but not too light where I risk sending the round when I am not intending too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk