• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Trigger for CZ 452

cjmill87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
I have a CZ 452 Military Trainer that I have been using for off-hand and silhouette shooting and I'm wondering if a Timney trigger is really worth the price? Also if anyone has some experience how difficult is the install?

Re: Timney Trigger for CZ 452

I have one, I like it. I think the trigger kits that are out there do a great job also, but the Timney is 'fiddle proof' for the most part. Friend of mine swears by the kits, but I think he spends a lot more time on the project getting it 'just right.'
Putting it in did require some stock clearances. Took me about an hour (including cleaning up the wood chips in the living room) with a nice sharp chisel. Could have gone faster if I'd used a dremel, I'm sure. Other than that, watch for the little ball when you take the factory trigger out.
grin.gif

The other thing is if it don't fit, don't force it. This ain't like your pants. Take your time and make sure things fit appropriately.

I just worked the factory trigger and it is now 6 ounces with no creep. Why buy another trigger? It ain't rocket science.

I guess I feel more comfortable with a finished product than my own "adjustments", plus my son also uses the rifle and I'd like a little more safety.

i will be the buzz kill on this one. I have the timney on my CZ 452 american, and I think it is OK. Only goes down to two pounds, I like a lighter trigger than that.

I've got a timney on my CZ trainer. It goes lower than 2 pounds.... I've got mine at 1-1/4 pounds and it works flawlessly. My CZ wouldn't be the same without it. I would get one.

I know a Rifle Basix is worth the money. I also know that the adjustable sear and spring kits will do the same thing for a bit less money.

Hello, i'm new in the forum, and i live and shoot in France with my cz 452 varmint fitted with a tacticool stock.
The trigger of the cz 452 is a little bit "creepy", at my opinion, so i changed the spring. I got the spring from a liquid soap dispenser and from three years, it works very well for a price close to 0 $...

enjoy your second amendment...

I went with the brooks trigger kit for my 452 Lux and never looked back. In my opinion it's far and away the best deal on the market for any 452 owner. The trigger wasn't bad to begin with before the kit, but it's now breaking at a hair over a pound and a quarter with no creep. And all for what, $14 and fifteen minutes of your time? How can you go wrong?

Thanks Metalhead0483 I will have to check out the Brooks kit and maybe try that out before plunging into a Timney or Rifle Basix.

I have three 452s right now, one has a Brooks kit and just installed a Yodave kit in another and will do the other this weekend. The two kits are identical and cost $15. 15 mins to install and you can select how light it goes by the sleve and spring you install there is no adjusting. Definitely the way to go.

I also have two marlins with Rifle basix kits. one is great the other has been a real pain in the ass. I would not do that again.

I would go with the Yodave kit. Also it comes in about four days, he's on the ball with shipping. Google the installation, it is very very simple, really no skill involved if you can operate a screwdriver, hammer and punch.

Trigger on my 452 out the box was nothing to complain about. The 455 was another story, just installed a timney in it earlier today and its a BIG improvement.

Dont know if that helps as its not an apple to apple comparison but I dont regret spending 80.00 on the trigger. I like triggers on the practical end of the trigger pull spectrum at 3-3.5# so for my liking is not about how light it will go but the feel of the trigger in regards to creep, brake and over travel timney scores high in all of them.

I went with the adjustable sear from DIP. A crap trigger went to a very nice trigger easily.