• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Timney triggers

Re: Timney triggers

We used the model that has the built in safety. When we installed it, the safety wouldn't move back and forth. Turned out the crosspin needs some clearance. Had to machine out a little groove for the crosspin.

Definitely an improvement over the Remington trigger.

I installed one on my 700P. A huge improvement over the factory trigger plus I really like the wide trigger shoe. Money well spent in my opinion. I had no problems installing it and it works well.

I love them for my Mauser projects, never used in anything else though.

I have a Timney 510 on my Badger M2008 (accepts Remington triggers) and love it. Excellent trigger for the price. Easy to install and adjust on your own, and their customer service is excellent as well. It's the best trigger for the money IMO.

Here's a review on 8541 Tactical that is pretty helpful.

I like them, have them in 3 700 Rems. and one in a CZ 452. Depending on the stock, you may have to relieve an area forward of the trigger to allow the adjusting screw some clearance and as mentioned the cross pin.

I had one but never could warmup to the aluminum housing. Dont see the need to save wieght there and like steel for triggers. I like the Dayston Traister(SP) in steel. If I was to change out I have been looking at the Huber.

Timney triggers are top notch. The only concern that I have had is that the trigger shoe can be a little wide compared to some of the other brands that I have used like the Jewell. Recently though, Timney as remedied this by offering the same model but with a narrower shoe. You have to request it from them directly though.