• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors TiRant 45 or Tirant 9 on 300 BLK?

jasonfaz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Erie, Colorado
Anyone running your tirant 45 on 300 BLK (subs only rig obviously)? I have heard the TiRant 9 will move dbs down to around 129, 130, but cant find any good readings for the 45 yet. I am running my 45 on my 300 blk and know I am getting a db lower than my 5.56 w/m4-2000 but can tell how much. Curious if anyone else had metered anything official...

I have ran Osprey 9 and 45 cans on 9" and 16" Blackout's with subs. I know that is not what you asked about, but it may help. Also, I don't have a meter, but according to my ears, they both sound good. The 45 has a little deeper tone. A full size (8.5-10") .30 can obviously sounds better, but not by a large margin. I like it because it is lighter, and I use it to hunt with.

That's what I'm trying to decide on with an 8.2" 300 BLK. I started running my TiRant 45 on it until I get my stamp in for the 30 and I love the weight aspect of using a titanium pistol can. I also am pondering a 9mm can though as that would shave another 2 inches and a couple oz. if there is no difference in sound that might be the ticket. I've also heard 30 cal cans on these get down to 121-122 DBS. That's gotta be way quieter than what I'm getting. Was hoping someone had compared all of those options...

Sounds great running 300 blackout subs through a tirant45, but I have not had good results with accuracy. Pretty much just wasting ammo

Ok so I'm almost done with my upper....I bought a 9" BO barrel. Where is the best place to get a 5/8x24 to 1/2x28 adapter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk