• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TIS Slip Cuff Quick Release Sling - Now in Multicam

dperry19

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2008
South Carolina
So I've been looking to grab one of Mike's slings but wanted to go to the source and order direct from TIS to make sure of what I was getting (correct swivels, etc.). I dropped Tactical a PM to ask him about the best way to order one of his quick release slip cuff slings and get the M40A3 contract QD swivels. Ever the consummate professional, Mike responds with a PM within 24 hours asking for my phone number so he could give me a call to discuss some of the options he has available. During the conversation, he tells me that he's got something that he's excited about announcing here on the hide and tells me that he's actually made a few of his slip cuff quick release slings in Multicam and has also added some elastic webbing on the inside of the cuff of these that gives the sling better grip and keeps it from sliding down on the shooters support arm when cuffed up. I've heard enough so I tell him that I'm down for one with the USMC swivels and will send payment via Paypal within the hour; sling went out the next day and arrived in the mail a day or two after I leave to be out of town for a little while. Sorry Mike, I would have posted this sooner but I've been away. Needless to say I spend my vacation itching to get back home, get my hands on this thing, and sling up my 40X so I can get to the range and put some time in on position shooting with a sling. Well I haven't been able to get it to the range yet but I hooked it up as soon as I got back, adjusted it to fit, and spent the next half hour practicing either laying in the floor, kneeling, or standing and dry firing.

Now, it's my first TIS sling but I'm digging this thing in a big way; construction is great, the sling fits really well and stays in adjusted position, and the quick release function is really useful in getting into and out of positions as well as getting out of the sling itself. It works well to carry the rifle in a ready position or slung over the shoulder for behind the back carry; the strap can be pulled basically like a backpack to quickly adjust length of the rear end of the sling for carrying comfortably in whichever configuration you want. You'll have to forgive the abbreviated rundown of the sling here, as well as the grainy cell phone pics but I'll try to get some more quantifiable data to include in a little better review and maybe some better pics when I'm able to get out to the range for further play.

Either way, my hat's off to Mike for his prompt and professional conduct when speaking to him and ordering one of his fine products. If you're thinking about getting a TIS sling, I'd recommend giving him a shout or PM and discuss what might be available directly through TIS. Definitely nothing against any of the class act suppliers he's using online to get these out to guys like us but this particular configuration would not have been available anywhere else at the time. Mike, thanks a million.

image.jpg

Dang, you beat me to it. Our first shipment of Multicam slings should be here by Monday. Thanks for the quick peek!

DPerry, thank you for kind words. I enjoyed talking to you as well. You got the first of these to go out not to Military or Government.

Triad is first dealer to get them. He should have in stock by Monday. Now this is not just a Slip Cuff Quick Release made with Multicam. It has a non slip insert inside the cuff area. He would of had sooner but he went on vacation. Jealous here Steve. Triad and I will do an official release later on with photos and such

These slings are in use by some Military and FBI personnel. It really works well.

Quick adjust lower strap. Back pack style adjusters.

Lighter weight but equally strong to my other slings.

This is designed to be a great field and comp sling without hanging straps to get in the way

Like all my products US made. US Materials and Lifetime Replacement if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Hi Mike, will your slings be available with the new features in coyote or kryptek patterns? I have an older TIS QUICKCUFF and it is my favorite sling for tactical rifle. Thanks for your time.

I have been thinking of making the Quick Cuff with a lower back pack style adjustment and the quick release buckle like the SCQR has. I have the Slip Cuff QR in coyote and could add the non slip material if guys wanted it. Your the first person to ask about that pattern camo. Generally it takes a 1000 plus yards to purchase webbing or prices are stupid high so I would need either the webbing sent to me or more interest in the pattern.

Hmm... I may need to order the newer non slip cuff. That's been my only complaint with mine. Is there anyway to order just the arm band cuff to update mine?