• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

titanium lowers?

shootindude

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
in the back country of Oregon
Anyone ever find titanium lowers for sale? Does anyone even make them? i know of a very large company that uses alot of titanium parts in there rifle but wasnt sure if there were any besides them and if there were actual lowers.

Re: titanium lowers?

there are a couple companies that do (or did) make them, they are VERY expensive and you end up with a heavier lower with no real benefit. I know Olympic made some which was probably as smart of a business decision as their Beryllium copper receivers...

There was a new manufacturer (think it started with an S, will have to find later) that had some on their site, but I am not sure if they ever made it to production

Re: titanium lowers?

I too have looked in to Ti Uppers and lowers. The only problem with TI is that its not machined like Aluminum its machined like tool steel. Its very hard and very expensive. Go find the price for an 8 pound block of Ti lol.