• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Titanium suppressor. Which one to get

hintonrc51

Minuteman
Mar 24, 2009
Wind Gap PA
I've been looking for sometime now and I can't pick one. I'm looking for a high end Titanium suppressor. AWC, 30P-1 and any others that you can think of.

You are on the right track with TBAC 30P-1. Light weight, minimal and repeatable POI shift, accurate, and great suppression level. Not much more ask for IMO.

What does everyone think about getting a 338 can to run on all of your rifles from 6mm to 338? Good, bad or other.

What does everyone think about getting a 338 can to run on all of your rifles from 6mm to 338? Good, bad or other.
I've asked this question before, and Zak from Thunderbeast weighed in on it. He basically said, it will work, but you're not going to get as much "performance" on the lower calibers with the 338 can as you would a 300 cal can on the same calibers. Of course....then you have to buy 2 really expensive cans!

I've asked this question before, and Zak from Thunderbeast weighed in on it. He basically said, it will work, but you're not going to get as much "performance" on the lower calibers with the 338 can as you would a 300 cal can on the same calibers. Of course....then you have to buy 2 really expensive cans!

Thanks for the info. If you are looking at less performance with a larger can why doesn't anyone offer a 6mm or 6.5. I might be wrong but wouldn't that offer the highest performance?

Seems like a good question. Isn't a 30 cal very similar to a 6mm? I know a .308 and .243 use the same case size at the base. Maybe the difference between 338 and 30 is greater than 30 and 6.5/6mm? Someone with more expertise will probably answer that.

He didn't say you would get lower performance on lower calibers. You would actually get a little better performance as there is a bigger chamber to handle the gas better.

Zak Smith said:
I'll bring it back to what we say about the 30P-1 and 30BA on the web site,

We have shot the 30P-1/30BA extensively on .300 Win Mag and it is at the top end of cartridges we recommend for use with the 30P-1/30BA. It will not be as quiet as a .308 obviously, but it has good suppression performance. The 338P-1/338BA will almost certainly suppress better because it has a lot more internal volume to deal with the extra 35 grains of powder (after all they were designed for .338LM which typically use 85-95 grains). The downside of the .338 suppressor is obviously more cost, size, and weight. Due to these drawbacks we and the 30P-1/30BA's good performance with .300 Win Mag, we recommend these smaller cans for it. I would not personally want to use a suppressor as large as the 338P-1/338BA on a smaller 6mm - .30 caliber class cartridge just because it's so overkill.

hope this helps

Basically the down side to using a .338 can on smaller calibers if size, weight, and price. If those are not going to bother you and you want just one can then go for it.

I love my 30-BA.... Customer service, build quality and performance have exceeded my expectations.

He didn't say you would get lower performance on lower calibers. You would actually get a little better performance as there is a bigger chamber to handle the gas better.

Basically the down side to using a .338 can on smaller calibers if size, weight, and price. If those are not going to bother you and you want just one can then go for it.
I stand corrected. Not how I remembered it. I guess I should've looked it up.

Shark Precision makes a great .30 cal. titanium suppressor. Give David a call...he'll answer all your questions.

I have no issues with my SAS Arbiter direct thread. For $800 it is hard to beat.

+1 Don't overlook the SAS Arbiter. Great suppression, light weight, repeatable POI shift and the price is great. Mile High has them in stock right now too. 5% discount. I don't regret my purchase.

The AAC 300-TM should be coming out here soon. AAC said its just waiting for its Form 3 to be ok from ATF. I would like to get this can.

<- THOR TI pending

TBAC has a solid reputation and is a much better price point

SRT - those that have them have nothing but high praise

I understand that the overbore would be larger with a .338 on a 6mm, but wouldn't the increased volume of the can make up for the lost suppression?

Currently using an AAC Titan-qd on everything from 338lm to 22-250. It works great on all of them; biggest poi shift is 2moa while lowest is 1moa. Too hot to handle after 5 338 shots, never really gets warm with the smaller stuff. On the bad side..........those qd mounts are WAY over-priced. I found a couple of older ones on ebay last year for 1/2 price which is still expensive.

David, is a great guy, and my shooting buddy loves his Shark can. I own a TBA 30BA, and I love it. I shoot it on my SCARs and bolt .308.

If your going to spend the money on a suppressor you guys need to contact russ oliver with Operator suppressor systems. Ive seen there system and it is light years in front of any suppressors that ive seen.

Well you have one of the owners of TBAC commenting and Frank who probably owns more cans than most people do rifles so where is the lack of facts?

VS - I was referencing:

If your going to spend the money on a suppressor you guys need to contact russ oliver with Operator suppressor systems. Ive seen there system and it is light years in front of any suppressors that ive seen.

VS - I was referencing:

Roger that brother.

Im as well looking for atleast 1-2 suppressors for my 260 and 223 JP. Is this brand supposed to be one of the best, Operator suppressor systems??? Surefire or TBAC?

Thunderbeast is what I recomend.
I have shot everything under the sun through a TBAC 338 can. 308 and 260 are ok through it but anything smaller is louder comparing to the 30p-1.
By the way... 22-250 through the 338 is LOUD. :)

New here. Also looking for a 260 suppressor. AWC THOR or ThunderBeast 30BA, not counting the $400 difference. Is it as close to a Pepsi vs Coke or more like a "as seen on TV" make your own soda vs Coke/Pepsi? Can that $400 be seen heard felt measured or quantified in performance? I like AWC but the sheer number of ThunderBeast+1's is intriguing. People say you get what you pay for (literally true) but the TBAC 30BA is less expensive and I'm guessing, it holds its own none the less? Wish I could buy both out right, but...! Thanks for any help.

I have a 30P-1 and I couldn't be happier with it. It is surprisingly quiet with .308 and 5.56 and makes the rifles more accurate it seems. The weight isn't bad either.

New here. Also looking for a 260 suppressor. AWC THOR or ThunderBeast 30BA, not counting the $400 difference. Is it as close to a Pepsi vs Coke or more like a "as seen on TV" make your own soda vs Coke/Pepsi? Can that $400 be seen heard felt measured or quantified in performance? I like AWC but the sheer number of ThunderBeast+1's is intriguing. People say you get what you pay for (literally true) but the TBAC 30BA is less expensive and I'm guessing, it holds its own none the less? Wish I could buy both out right, but...! Thanks for any help.

It depends on what you are looking for in a suppressor. They are not all built the same or do they perform the same. You need to educate yourself on the pros and cons of each brand and then decide what is important to you in a suppressor then shoot each in the situation that you are going to use it. Then you and only you can decide what is best for you.

As for me the Titanium TBAC products do exactly what I demand and need in a suppressor. So as for Ti cans like this thread is about... Mine are Thunderbeast.

Do I own others? Yes, but they are used in a different way and I have different demands for them.

I have a 30P-1 and I couldn't be happier with it. It is surprisingly quiet with .308 and 5.56 and makes the rifles more accurate it seems. The weight isn't bad either.

I agree except... it makes YOU more accurate not the rifle due to less noise and recoil. A suppressor is a wonderful tool.

Was trying to do this suggestion but was also hoping someone on here used both. They are both Titanium, muzzle brake mounted, near identical attachment style, They just seem so close and I don't have the resources to do all the research I would love to do. The customer service from both companies is good a neither made me want to hang up on them, to me at least. As for the internals/ baffle design, I just don't know. Anywho, thanks for the pointers and I'll keep researching... or flip a coin.
It depends on what you are looking for in a suppressor. They are not all built the same or do they perform the same. You need to educate yourself on the pros and cons of each brand and then decide what is important to you in a suppressor then shoot each in the situation that you are going to use it. Then you and only you can decide what is best for you.

As for me the Titanium TBAC products do exactly what I demand and need in a suppressor. So as for Ti cans like this thread is about... Mine are Thunderbeast.

Do I own others? Yes, but they are used in a different way and I have different demands for them.

The top 3 in Ti suppressors for sound reduction and accuracy are as follows:

1) Mack Brothers MB300
2) Thunderbeast 338P-1 or 30BA
3) AWC Thor Ti

I have all variations in use right now and I have been impressed with them all. They each have one small variable that can be a negative for me though.

The MB300 is super quiet! It is a lightweight design, right here with the TBAC cans and its lockup mechanism is outstanding. The downside (for me) are its a long suppressor and it heats up pretty fast so a cover will be needed for longer strings of fire. That has to do with is baffle construction, it just retains heat longer but that also lends to its superior suppression.

The TBAC 30 cal cans are really the top shelf can of the bunch but the one drawback is sound level. They are not the most quiet. I would rate them at just under (better reduction) the Surefire 762SS model suppressor in sound. But as far as accuracy they are awesome. They are by far my favorite thread on 30 can suppressor.

The AWC Thor Ti.... awesome suppressor (if you can find one). Again, they are the cats ass in a few different parameters of performance. They are the shortest OAL of the 3 I listed. Suppression is about on par with the TBAC.
Their accuracy is phenomenal. I have shot many extremely tight groups with that suppressor that just cant be duplicated with the can, I can't explain that part.

For my money its a toss up between the 3. The Mack is the more affordable of the three listed. All are excellent performers though. It's a hard decision to make. Just have to try and base it off what I listed with my experiences with them.

I want to add in one more that I have neglected to mention. Its Ti and magnum rated... the AAC MK12. It mounts over a 90t brake and is a very light can for the amounts of abuse it can take. The mount is solid unlike their previous offerings and the can flat out performs with 300WM and smaller cartridges. It might be the lightest of the bunch, but if I remember correctly it might be the most expensive.

Good luck on your choice.

Last edited:
The top 3 in Ti suppressors for sound reduction and accuracy are as follows:

1) Mack Brothers MB300
2) Thunderbeast 338P-1 or 30BA
3) AWC Thor Ti

The MB300 is super quiet! It is a lightweight design, right here with the TBAC cans and its lockup mechanism is outstanding. The downside (for me) are its a long suppressor and it heats up pretty fast so a cover will be needed for longer strings of fire. That has to do with is baffle construction, it just retains heat longer but that also lends to its superior suppression.

Has there been any side by side db level testing between all the cans you have listed? I would be curious to see just how much quieter the Mack Bros is in comparison to the others. Not trying to be a dick or to call you a liar or anything as I know you have a shit ton of cans and experience with a lot of different brand as models. Just curious if this has been done somewhere. Thanks.