• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing TN can for hunting?

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    I have a hunting trip to TN that has come up with prettt short notice. I need to know it I can hunt with my surpressor or not.

Re: TN can for hunting?

I have a buddy that is a TWRA. He said no law against it here. We just recently had a day at the range, and my brother & I picked his brain about a bunch of stuff. When I got my can, my dealer did tell me to make sure to alert the game warden if I was going to be hunting with it.

It is up to the discretion of the game warden in the county that you are hunting in. I asked the game warden in my county and he did not have a clue of what the laws were so he to me no. When I explained to him that it was legal for a civilian to own one, he said he would check into it. He finally told me the reason he said no was that he did not know the laws on it.

Eddie

If the suppressor is legally owned then their are no laws against using it for hunting in TN.

Ok. Thanks. I'm going to be hunting on a private ranch. So I guess I'll call and ask the guy that owns it if he has any problems with it.

Ranch owner says I can use it. He has never heard one before and is almost as excited about it as I am

As long as you legally own it and the land is permitable its a go. This is the great state of Tennessee "The patron state for shootin stuff". For those of you who are close to middle and west TN give a guy a shout and lets do some shootin or huntin one. Ive recently acquired about 1500acres in Puryear TN with permission to hunt whatever and whenever I want and Im aloud to bring guests. If youve got some experience in huntin coyotes for sure give me a shout for Im on a learning curve for those little bastards and need someone seasoned to show me the ropes.

Just got back last night! I had a blast! The YHM Phantom QD gave me a 2 MOA POI shift low, exactly. The one thing I learned in this whole thing is that a 31" barrel with a 10" suppressor makes a really big pia in the woods of TN:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back last night! I had a blast! The YHM Phantom QD gave me a 2 MOA POI shift low, exactly. The one thing I learned in this whole thing is that a 31" barrel with a 10" suppressor makes a really big pia in the woods of TN:)</div></div>

Try it with a tree stand on your back next time
    crazy.gif

I think in 08 they said no for a minute but quickly left us alone again, so you <span style="text-decoration: line-through">are</span> were good to go. On a side note there is some kind of form you file to take your can out of your home state and there is still some confusion on SBR's so for now they are not allowed for hunting in TN.

09buck-1.jpg