• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision TNVC Announces the WASP NV Clip-On Device

Is the fact that the WASP is not waterproof a concern for anyone? I am considering getting one of these as my first NV piece and was wondering how important being waterproof was. All of my optics are waterproof and I don't worry about hunting in the rain, etc.
Worse case scenario, I am trudging through the swamp chasing pigs and step into a beaver hole...

I personally tested the WASP for TNVC on two occasions, in the year prior to launch, but I still have not handled the production model.

The test units I got were fired with Leupold 3-10 X 50 and Zeiss 3-12 X 56 day optics. Given the price difference between this and a PVS-22, I think the money saved is well worth it. The performance was very close. I can see using this on several different rifles and have already sold several of the pre-ordered units to clients.

Wild River Ranch, LLc will be selling these as soon as we confirm delivery of our first production shipments.....any day now.

We have not listed them on our site, but will do so soon.

www.wildriverranch.net

Vic -

Any special mount for a AX AICS? I'll be calling this next week.

Best,
JP

I'm trying to get my hands on one as fast as I can so I can compare it back to back to a CNVD and a PVS-27.

I'm starting to wonder if these things even exist beyond "research" or demo models. I'm thinking maybe I should be requesting a refund and looking at another product. This is getting beyond ridiculous....

I'm starting to wonder if these things even exist beyond "research" or demo models. I'm thinking maybe I should be requesting a refund and looking at another product. This is getting beyond ridiculous....

Just curious...when did you pay for yours?

How has customer service with TNVC, or the company you ordered through been in reguards to getting updates on your order status? Any word from them when your order will be filled?

The company that I ordered from has been great. They seem to be as frustrated as I am.

I've been told multiple times that my order is "on its way."

I got a PM from TNVC stating that I could request a refund from them. No apology or explanation for the delay. No timeline on when they will be shipping products. Of course at this point, any timeline they offered would likely be a fabrication...

CWJ

We're not in the business of fabrication, I offered a refund because you seemed to be upset. No issues, it's very easy as we will refund your monies through your dealer whomever that is which you did not say in the PM if you were a dealer and gave us no status of that. We have an incredible back log and some units will be shipping to dealers in the next few weeks and all in the order they were placed at Shot Show and beyond.

We've had our share of supply problems like everyone else in the firearms community. Please PM me your dealer as I stated and we will refund them if that is what you wish. It''s simple and easy to get you a refund, but you have to let your dealer know as well, but in this case, I will contact them personally if I knew who that was. Thank you CWJ .

Edit: PM Re-Sent

Last edited:
To our other valuable customers, we are very sorry for the delay and we are working very hard to get the WASP out as quickly as possible. It's a great unit, something we are very proud of and we think you will be too!

Vic

Last edited:
I was initially very excited for this product. I very much wanted it to work but when i saw it wasn't water proof I was a bit discouraged, not being water proof suggests its not nitrogen purgeable. Im not worried about dropping it in a flag pond, but living in a high humidity environment like Georgia i would be concerned with internal corrosion in addition to internal fogging. I'm also concerned that the short back end on the wasp vs the 22 regarding the demagnification of the image when used with a high magnification day scope. All these questions will be answered when the wasp hits the user for some abuse, whenever that will be.

I chose to not post the name of the dealer that is involved because it doesn't appear to have been his fault. Any publicity that he received from this issue wouldn't be positive and I don't think he deserves it. He has been very friendly and professional in his communications over my order.

I reviewed the emails between my dealer and I.
I ordered the unit on 24 Feb and paid for the unit the following week. On 30 March after seeing posts about shipping on this thread, I emailed him and he relayed your email stating that items were being shipped that week. I therefore would be receiving my unit "in two weeks." On 15 April, I emailed again asking for a status update and was told no products were shipped yet. Then on 16 April, I received another email which was copied from an email from you Victor stating that the prior email was wrong and all of the units were indeed shipped. It's now 10 days later and no word on shipping yet. These items were reportedly "already shipped" on the 16th. So, I think it's fair to question the repeated delays. I got caught in the 2009 SH rifle crap and spent 2 years waiting on a rifle. I understand delays, but when you send emails out stating that it was already shipped, how can you now claim the unit is delayed? My biggest frustration is over a complete lack of reliable communication. You claim to have shipped the first 15 units 4 weeks ago. My unit appears to have been included in that shipment, but I've never received anything.

BTW, I don't appreciate the threatening and hateful PM. Your bully tactics may have worked on the grade school playground, but it lacks a degree of customer service and is very unprofessional. A simple confirmation that the first 15 were shipped on x date would've been perfect and appreciated. Instead you chose to take an offensive posture to try to intimidate me. Great move...

CWJ

I wrote you PM's twice, the 1st time ask for your dealer to get a refund to you. You then did not answer me but then wrote the above post of fabrications. I wrote you back informing you we take the fabrication post serious and we have not fabricated and to give me your dealers name in a PM so we can refund you.

No bullying Sir, but you still have not given us a PM with your dealers name in order to do the refund. Nothing hateful in that regard was said in the least. As for posture, your above post telling the masses we fabricated something is the offensive posture, we simply want to refund your money. We still await who your dealer was and is via the PM and I never asked for you to post the dealer publicly. Thank you.

Vic

Last edited:
I was initially very excited for this product. I very much wanted it to work but when i saw it wasn't water proof I was a bit discouraged, not being water proof suggests its not nitrogen purgeable. Im not worried about dropping it in a flag pond, but living in a high humidity environment like Georgia i would be concerned with internal corrosion in addition to internal fogging. I'm also concerned that the short back end on the wasp vs the 22 regarding the demagnification of the image when used with a high magnification day scope. All these questions will be answered when the wasp hits the user for some abuse, whenever that will be.

PVS-14's aren't waterproof either. I don't see this being any different than a PVS-14.

My l3 omni viii is rated waterproof to 60 feet submerged for two hours. Not sure what kind of stuff you have.

A 4 week delay in this current climate is nothing...

For those guy who are attacking TNVC and being all "secretive" about their purchase, if you continue down this road you'll be removed for disruptive postings.

Vic & TNVC is being very forthright in this situation and having a delay is typical. We are seeing delays in everything and we are not gonna head down this or the SWFA road where everyone attacks firsts and causing a problem when it's out of the guys hands.

Sorry this is a "instant gratification" type of industry, especially with the current run on products. This includes NV... so if you paid and are now 4 weeks delayed, Too Fucking bad... that is what happens.

We see it everywhere and I am sick of you guys attacking companies trying to do right by the members here.

I already banned one of you, continue to bite and more will fall. This is the last warning !

Guess mine is waterproof too then. I was under the impression that it was the AN/PVS-18 that was waterproof. Learn something new everyday. I'll have to try it the next time I do a night dive.

I was kind of hoping this thread would revile a few more details on the delays and why the item has still not shown up on the TNVC website. I am still awaiting this to come out being that it will obviously save quite a few bucks. Oh well, will keep on this thread and hopefully know when a few of these units become available.

Ive been wanting one of these forever. The PVS-22 is looking better and better now. Ive been 2 weeked to death! Im not mad vic, just kinda feel stranded on the WASP. Im fishing dry ground.....

Ill still buy the 22 from ya tho.

jay

Gah! Just saw it, gonna have to think hard about that. It's a awesome deal. Just kinda leery about buying used nv, dude may have starred at a street light for a few hours with it....

Jwp, you should have bought that nitespot 50 that i offered you. Good luck on your search for a nv device. Go thru victor and you won,t be disappointed. These delay,s in product,s are nation wide.

Jwp, you should have bought that nitespot 50 that i offered you. Good luck on your search for a nv device. Go thru victor and you won,t be disappointed. These delay,s in product,s are nation wide.

I picked up a bns-PVS-22P+, I was looking forward to using it side by side with a wasp for comparison. Also traded into a gen3 gated PVS-14... How is the unit I sent you working out?

Jwp, the unit you sent me is top notch and once again thank you very much. It look,s like your covered in the nv department with the pv-22, the critter,s in your neck of the wood,s stand no chance. Aloha from hawaii, norm.

So does water resistant mean it will be fine in the rain/downpour but not if submerged in water? Or what exactly is water resistant?

I understand waterproof is that it is or it isn't, but what is the test/guideline for water resistance? Technically a piece of paper is water resistant for a short amount of time, just trying to figure that part out.

So does water resistant mean it will be fine in the rain/downpour but not if submerged in water? Or what exactly is water resistant?

I understand waterproof is that it is or it isn't, but what is the test/guideline for water resistance? Technically a piece of paper is water resistant for a short amount of time, just trying to figure that part out.

I was told you are fine in rain and snow, you just can't lock out of a sub at 60' with it.

I was told it was not designed for complete submersion... My personal opinion, if it's not waterproof I wouldn't want it wet.
There have been several questions and comments on previous pages.

On that note... Anyone heard about a release date? Anyone received one?

I just talked to them the other day. The ones from Shot show that got signed up for one, should be getting them soon. Others will have to wait at least 6 months for a new preorder to come up on their website?

I just talked to them the other day. The ones from Shot show that got signed up for one, should be getting them soon. Others will have to wait at least 6 months for a new preorder to come up on their website?

See this is what I am disappointed with.... I also talked to them (TNVC) a few days ago and he (won't say his name) said they would probly be taking pre orders within a month and that snipers hide members would know about it!

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a weeklong ban for venting frustration about the wasp! Seriously, I think everyone knows the policy for further complaining about this thing and TNVC. Just a friendly warning bro. That stuff isn't very well received here.

It was a female that I talked to? Maybe she is misinformed?

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a weeklong ban for venting frustration about the wasp! Seriously, I think everyone knows the policy for further complaining about this thing and TNVC. Just a friendly warning bro. That stuff isn't very well received here.

My opinion is that he was not complaining, just responding to what I said. Obviously we talked to two different people and I will call and make sure I talk to the right person to get the right answer to straighten this out. No problem! We all love TNVC, so we are good to go! I am getting a new Thermo from them tomorrow:)

Thanks for the friendly warning bro but I don't need it. Look at my post, all of em! I buy from TNVC.... Always have and always will! If I get banned for wanting to buy victors product so be it. After I'm banned I'm still gonna buy it so no harm here. We're just asking questions man. It's like dangling a steak over a starving dog and were just wanting a answer as to when we can get it.

Hey I'm not mad at em at all! I know there are delays. I remember when TNVC was way smaller and Everytime I called Vic himself answered. He's getting my business if this thing becomes available tomorrow or 2019.

Btw Vic, you should just send me one to test out the water resistance ;)

That's funny you must be the zen master of self control and patience. I'd be running around with a flamethrower until someone gave me something besides "a couple more weeks". I really hope these things work out well in the end. I'd love to test one out perforating piggies. When you get yours hook up a review for us.

Can't say I would have the nut sucking dedication to one "assembler"...

I go where prices on quality gear are competitive and the gear is available...

Can't say I would have the nut sucking dedication to one "assembler"...

I go where prices on quality gear are competitive and the gear is available...

Lol wouldn't call it but sucking! I'm kinda weird when it comes to night vision. It's a lot of money and a lot of room to be screwed as a customer. I've used victor multiple times now so I know I'm getting good stuff when I hang up the phone.

Besides, who else do you know is making a WASP?