• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision TNVC Announces the WASP NV Clip-On Device

See for yourselves

The WASP on one of our SCARs: We have had it for two weeks now, and I am, once again, pleased with its performance. We have found it mounts and aligns on a wide variety of rifles including SCAR, M4, M & P-22 (ETA: mine wears a Troy TRX rail, not the plastic rail from S & W).

POI shift with this unit was less than 1 MOA. We've hit 500 yard steel with and without the WASP on two different rifles now, with no adjustment. It works in front of an Eotech, Trijicon, and various glass optics. We got good resolution up to 10X this past weekend.

Last edited:
Excellent. Any update on release for consumer purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on the WASP? It's getting tough to remain patient.

Yeah I know, but I really didn't mean it as a joke. Really got my hopes up when the hog hunting guys that posted three months ago were talking about it and posting pictures. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell us how it won't be released till it's perfect.

I am sooooo glad I didn't wait, I would have been beyond chomping at the bit, this thing sure seemed to fizzle out after all of the hype about the release during SHOT 2013! I waited for awhile and ended up going another route, have had mine for over a year now and I am very happy with the D-930, I am sure this will be an amazing specimen as well, but god damn! It has been trying to come out for a minute now! :)

Don't know if i can afford a PVS-22, probably going to start saving for a Night Optics D-930 after i get some things purchased. Working on my first suppressor once it's financed completely i have a couple of handguns in mind, then will be looking to night vision.

We have hog problems now, which it was just a matter of time. We're using "air cannons" at the moment to protect our rice fields seems to be working. But NV and suppressors would be some kind of fun.

Hopefully the WASP comes out, i know i didn't follow it closely but what happened? Did it just fall through or are Vic and the guys running into complications?

Blackops, would highly recommend you buy thermal over nv. I've been removing feral hogs and other pests from crops for several years.
I invested a small fortune in nv. NV has its place, but thermal absolutely kicks nv's ass. The military reason for going thermal over nv has been discussed many times here. Smoke, fog, and extreme low light conditions defeat nv but do not affect thermal.
I have extensively tested both nv and thermal working with dod contractors and a manufacturer. I spent a career using both.
I will recommend first up, the Insight L3 LWTS over any other unit on the market. Buy once cry once. I have several farmers here who finally saw the light and purchased thermal. None regret the purchases. All who bought thermal have already seen enough reduction in crop damage that justify the price.
I further recommend the LWTS because Insight products have held military contracts longer than any other companies out there. Their service record is unparalleled by any other company. There are L3 vendors on this site who are flawless to work with and some who are not.
I have several people who work with me removing crop damage pests. All have used nv and now own some form of thermal. The kill ratios tripled with thermal. The cheapest atn thor we have used has killed more pests than any three nv units. The high end 640x 480 thor is worth every dime you would spend, except it's not meant to work as a day scope. There are pros and cons about dedicated units versus clip ons. We have both. We use both extensively. The 40 year experience I have doing some kind of night operating has led me to the above recommend item.
My farm began its life as a family land grant before statehood and has operated in one form or another since it entered the family. We have farmed it, leased it, and done multiple use income operations, currently timber, hay, and hunting. We have extensive hog damage in certain areas. Trapping hogs is the proven most effective method of removing hogs, followed by thermal sights and shooting them nightly.

Since this is a topic on the "soon to be released WASP" and several posts not related to the Wasp have been removed from the topic, I will mention this unit. We can't test or use a unit that doesn't exist as a production unit. Maybe one day the wasp will pass manufacturer requirements and get on line. It's been mentioned here numerous times by tnvc that tnvc will not release the unit until it is ready.
Chip Lasky of tnvc is top of the line, experienced, reputable, and a man you can deal with with absolute confidence. I wish there were more Chip Laskys out there.
Tnvc sells thermals. They are one option you have for thermal. Shop wisely, buy thermal, and don't look back.

Blackops, would highly recommend you buy thermal over nv. I've been removing feral hogs and other pests from crops for several years.
I invested a small fortune in nv. NV has its place, but thermal absolutely kicks nv's ass. The military reason for going thermal over nv has been discussed many times here. Smoke, fog, and extreme low light conditions defeat nv but do not affect thermal.
I have extensively tested both nv and thermal working with dod contractors and a manufacturer. I spent a career using both.
I will recommend first up, the Insight L3 LWTS over any other unit on the market. Buy once cry once. I have several farmers here who finally saw the light and purchased thermal. None regret the purchases. All who bought thermal have already seen enough reduction in crop damage that justify the price.
I further recommend the LWTS because Insight products have held military contracts longer than any other companies out there. Their service record is unparalleled by any other company. There are L3 vendors on this site who are flawless to work with and some who are not.
I have several people who work with me removing crop damage pests. All have used nv and now own some form of thermal. The kill ratios tripled with thermal. The cheapest atn thor we have used has killed more pests than any three nv units. The high end 640x 480 thor is worth every dime you would spend, except it's not meant to work as a day scope. There are pros and cons about dedicated units versus clip ons. We have both. We use both extensively. The 40 year experience I have doing some kind of night operating has led me to the above recommend item.
My farm began its life as a family land grant before statehood and has operated in one form or another since it entered the family. We have farmed it, leased it, and done multiple use income operations, currently timber, hay, and hunting. We have extensive hog damage in certain areas. Trapping hogs is the proven most effective method of removing hogs, followed by thermal sights and shooting them nightly.

Since this is a topic on the "soon to be released WASP" and several posts not related to the Wasp have been removed from the topic, I will mention this unit. We can't test or use a unit that doesn't exist as a production unit. Maybe one day the wasp will pass manufacturer requirements and get on line. It's been mentioned here numerous times by tnvc that tnvc will not release the unit until it is ready.
Chip Lasky of tnvc is top of the line, experienced, reputable, and a man you can deal with with absolute confidence. I wish there were more Chip Laskys out there.
Tnvc sells thermals. They are one option you have for thermal. Shop wisely, buy thermal, and don't look back.

That's thing though I don't think id be able to afford thermal. I was thinking a 5 grand d-930 and then a 4 grand PVS 14 would pretty much top out the budget. The other thing is the air guns are working so I'm not sure my dad would be happy with me spending that much on a thermal unit. Plus my job it will take some extensive time to build up 12 grand. The other thing is I honestly don't feel like switching out all my optics for a thermal scope depending on which rifle I use. I get that thermal is much better just don't know if I could justify the cost at this point. Maybe when I get my actual career in 10 years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wASP will be worth the wait.

That is for sure. The unit I used was spectacular.

It's not easy doing what Vic and the boys set out to do and it's even harder to produce a unit that meets their exacting standardS.

keep the faith

I haven't lost faith really I mean i'm trying to get the money to secure the suppressor that is SPF to me. Which i will do easily. Saving up 5 grand or so will take some time on my end. So by the time i even have that kind of money the WASP might be out.

The wASP will be worth the wait.

That is for sure. The unit I used was spectacular.

It's not easy doing what Vic and the boys set out to do and it's even harder to produce a unit that meets their exacting standardS.

keep the faith

I disagree. It's been talked about for several years and was "introduced" officially in early 2013. I haven't seen one yet. Unless they are giving them away nothing is worth that kind of wait when other very good options are available. I gave up on the round about answers from TNVC as to when it would be ready in October 2012 and have been enjoying hunting with a CNVD-LR since then. Yeah the CNVD-LR cost me more but guess what?...it was actually available then and now almost 2 years of hunting with it, that was a real good choice vs waiting on the WASP. I agree that what they are shooting for looks great on paper but I can't night hunt with paper. The point is nobody would even know they were waiting if it wasn't introduced long before it was ready to sell.

I'll have one sitting on my rail in front of one of my Elcans or ACOGS when they are ready for prime time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji102]

I agree, and the CVND-LR, although I am sure is an amazing piece, was more than I was willing to dole out for as often as I use it. I went with the D-930 and have been very happy. I use it in conjunction with DBAL-D2 illuminator, then use a PVS-14 helmet mounted for spotting with a Torch for illuminator. Seems to be a good combo for me. I would have really liked to have been able to finger bang the WASP first, but as has been mentioned its not an option....STILL. Here is the setup I am running...

Pictured when I was using torch with clip on, I now use that for head mounted rig and use DBAL-D2 for clip-on

Last edited: