• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision TNVC OTAL question

mlw332

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2011
Mississippi
Alright guys im fairly new to the nvg world so bare with me.
I recently purchased a pvs14 set up from tnvc i have the torch pro and the otal i am using as well. when using the otal for shooting it washes out my intended target pretty bad... my only solution so far has been to focus my torch pro on the target and then sight the ir laser for a more precise shot.... do you guys know of a way to "turn down" the intensity of the ir? so far my longest shots have been 50-75 yards on hogs and even at that distance the laser is great until it hits the hog then it just completely washes out to an area of about 5-6 inches.... trying to make head shots this is hurting me..
thanks guys
m womack

Alright guys im fairly new to the nvg world so bare with me.
I recently purchased a pvs14 set up from tnvc i have the torch pro and the otal i am using as well. when using the otal for shooting it washes out my intended target pretty bad... my only solution so far has been to focus my torch pro on the target and then sight the ir laser for a more precise shot.... do you guys know of a way to "turn down" the intensity of the ir? so far my longest shots have been 50-75 yards on hogs and even at that distance the laser is great until it hits the hog then it just completely washes out to an area of about 5-6 inches.... trying to make head shots this is hurting me..
thanks guys
m womack

Maybe try a piece of camera film over the laser. I've had good luck killing visible lasers this way.

skypup thanks that is the type of thing i have been looking for... guess my speed shopping over looked it!!!

I have them on both my DBAL-D2s and my DBAL-I2, the neutral density filter reducing the bloom tremendously close range and long range:

DBAL%20D2%20Neutral%20Filter.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20NO%20Filter%2030%20Yards.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20Filter%2030%20yards.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20D2%20175%20Yards%20NO%20Filter.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20D2%20Filter%20175%20Yards.jpg

YES!!! maybe i can go for head shots when that gets here! seems that will fix me up thanks again