• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision TNVC SHOT Show Preview: LDI's NEW DBAL-D2

clasky

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2010
USA
Something wicked this way comes...

DBAL_D2_preview.jpg

Re: TNVC SHOT Show Preview

Bright LED Illuminator better than PEQ15 MAYBE?,IR laser like the I2 the second go around
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Specs? What's the difference from the I2? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Specs? What's the difference from the I2?</div></div>

What he said!
Thanks!

We will be posting our detailed reviews and specs here in this thread very shortly.

The unit mimics the DBAL-A2 restricted models except the focusable LED IR illumninator is a unique eye safe lens and has a patent pending on it. Both vis. and IR lasers are of course Class 1.

We feel the IR illuminator has been long overdue on the Class 1 units.

<5mW Red (or green) Vis pointer, .7mW IR pointer, 600mW IR LED Illuminator.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Availablity and estimated price? </div></div>

Coming very soon along with pre-order information.

Wow! Impressive product. Looking forward to a review and some price / pre-order info.
laugh.gif

We will be announcing pricing shortly along with our reviews set up with some LE and Mil folks.

So folks know, we will also have the Program Manager of the DBAL-D2 spending time at our Shot Show booth 6502 next week answering questions about the unit.

Our TNVC training and Pro-Staff that is made up of Rangers and SF dude types will be putting the unit through it's paces as well for our reviews. Folks can talk with these gents at our booth if anyone makes it out to the Vegas event.
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to more information on this product. While I can buy LE/Military products, I'm not in need of the robustness that drives the cost up.

Re: TNVC SHOT Show Preview: LDI's NEW DBAL-D2

I need one of these units.... someone PM me!

Victor,
what is the range in the IR mode?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcats</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Victor,
what is the range in the IR mode? </div></div>

We are in the midst of testing the unit nightly with several folks. Right after Shot Show, we will talk specifics about the unit. Thank you for the patience.

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need one of these units.... someone PM me! </div></div>

Got you covered along with your email. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcats</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Victor,
what is the range in the IR mode? </div></div>

A 600 mW IR LED will perform as roughly the equivalent of a 50 - 60 mW IR laser illuminator. A 15 degree lens angle should give useful illumination out to 300 - 350 yards -- about the same as with the ATPIAL.

IR-V

+1 on pricing and availability.

Coming gents with our detailed report. Clasky will be posting this shortly.

The response at Shot Show was very receptive.

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will these be available in tan/fde as well? </div></div>

Yes, along with choice of green and red vis. lasers. Thank you,

Vic

Our mail boxes have been filling up about LDI's new SPIR Special Purpose IR Illuminator. http://www.laserdevices.com/

This high power unit based on LDI's design and Patent Pending illuminator in the D2 is really reaching out and touching someone. (Out to 800m+ for the SPIR thus far).

We've had one in our hands now for almost a month and we will be publishing an in depth review of it. So far the unit is built like a darn tank to say the least and the intensity of the reach is special.

Of course, like any other IR LED, it does have a visible red glow just like thr DBAL-D2 which needs to be told for folks who are concerned with absolute stealth.

Good to see you all at shot and what a great bunch of folks. Got a peek at this unit and it looked really nice ! Thank you for giving honest reviews of equipment with no BS.