• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To all Hide Members in Olka!

News channels are all over it, utter devastation, largely a repeat of a previous major disaster. It would make me crazy. Prayers at the very least for those amidst the devastation.

Greg

It appears to have tracked a mile or so south of the May 3rd 1999 tornado. The Briarwood elementary school suffered a direct hit but it sounds like everyone made. The fatalities are starting to be reported. It sounds bad.

It appears to have tracked a mile or so south of the May 3rd 1999 tornado. The Briarwood elementary school suffered a direct hit but it sounds like everyone made. The fatalities are starting to be reported. It sounds bad.

I'm not so sure about that from some of the reporting. Wife and I left early from the office just to pull into the driveway and the sirens lit up. I couldn't even get in with local teams to assist. Prayers to all of the people especially those kids in the school.

Update: No longer considered a rescue mission it's a recovery mission up to a dozen children in the school.

I'm not so sure about that from some of the reporting. Wife and I left early from the office just to pull into the driveway and the sirens lit up. I couldn't even get in with local teams to assist. Prayers to all of the people especially those kids in the school.

Update: No longer considered a rescue mission it's a recovery mission up to a dozen children in the school.

The Plaza Tower School got hit too, I heard up to 20 kids didn't make it. The news is being very careful not to release number. News9 is now saying "dozens", what a bummer.

Just seing the news from Moore, OK. Our prayers go out to all those who suffered losses in OK. We hope and pray the storms will subside and all will stay safe.

Sad day for Okies and everyone really. You could feel it in the air today. I've been on search and rescue after a F4. Its not a fun place to be. Pray for the first responders.

Say a prayer for those involved. Missed my brothers house by two miles. Wiped my nieces daycare out. Luckily they had evacuated. I couldn't imagine being a first responder pulling those little bodies out of the schools. Horrible day.

I'm okay, wasn't in town.. Thanks to the guys that text me. Buddies lost house's and have a friend that had his house collapse on him, but was pulled out with a broken clavicle. He is doing fine now. Prayers needed for all the people pulling an all nighter digging and searching for survivors. It's beyond bad. Hope the rest of you Okies are doing alright.

One of my best friends live(d) right behind Briarwood Elementary. He and his family made it out before it hit. Came back to a slab. Prayers for all effected and for those that lost loved ones.

I cannot wrap my mind around the horror of discovering that my child is somewhere in the wreckage. My heart and prayers go out to everyone effected by this, whether directly or indirectly.

I feel very sorry for those who didn't make it. I was also living in Norman going to school when the last F5 hit Moore. I had a discussion with a guy who lived in Moore some months later and he was so excited about him and his family were going to be moving back into there house the next day. I was happy for them. I asked the guy what kind of storm cellar did you get or did you just build a very strong basement. the guy said and I quote" No we didn't do that". Why not " we just didn't think about it". Me your house got destroyed by an F5 tornado and you didn't think about it.......

I'm just pointing out that there is no reason for those schools not to be partially underground like the high school in Norman.

I was down there last night until 4am. Its chaos down there. My buddy has an oilfield rental company and had several light towers not out on a job so we loaded them up and hauled ass down there. It was crazy down there. It wa crazy how much help they had down there. They were turning people away.

It horrible whole neighborhoods leveled then no damage across the street. It was horrible. There was people with vehicles that were FUBAR'ed packed with everything they could salavage. People that just had a gym bag with stuff just walking down the road. Still had crews out cutting poles to clear the roads. It was errie to go to a place that should have lights be completely dark. There were alot of companies bringing down light plants to help the search.

It felt good to help people do stuff and it will take hundred of thousands of loads of debris to haul off.

Its horrible for all of those kids at the school.

I will keep this short because I am using my iPhone.

I survived the May 3rd, 1999 F5 tornado (had the highest wind speed ever recorded up to that date) that hit Newcastle/Moore/OKC by staying in my grandparents cellar. It left my grandparents home standing and wiped out the next door neighbors house. I never thought I would see that kind of devastation again.

My wife and I watched the storms roll through Oklahoma on Sunday night and took a deep breath because Monday afternoon was supposed to be the most unstable and most likely for large tornado outbreaks. I awoke at 5am Monday morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided that at least I could get up and go to work by 6am so that I could leave early and get my son from daycare. We don't like him to stay at daycare during storms because they don't have a shelter of any kind to protect the children.

I was at work and noticed the storms were already popping up at 1:30pm in Duncan and Lawton and decided that I had worked long enough. I went to the daycare and grabbed my son around 2:20pm and headed home. By 2:45pm I decided I had seen enough and we jumped in the below ground shelter in my garage. We rode the storm out until my brother called and told me it was clear to come out. My house didn't get hit but there is debri everywhere.

The daycare was demolished and while all the children inside survived several had skull fractures and needed surgery. I'm so glad my son was t there. Here is a pic of where the daycare had been:
C15C4433-66A8-4ECE-AB40-78E8B63CD02F-1561-000000B63A6C3B9F_zpsf9782264.jpg

The entrance to my edition:
42F02DCD-AFF8-456B-96F7-430965840DFB-1561-000000B635526C3F_zps4c7bffe2.jpg

0F05EF2B-9CB7-4961-8C9E-83F27A01A01C-1561-000000B62B461D60_zps28b3382f.jpg

Power line damage
9DF4BB7A-F5D7-4885-9599-0A032944C4BF-1561-0000008ED1F22D98_zps5fad65d0.jpg

I didn't take any better pics. I felt anything more than iPhone pics would be distasteful while there are still people needing rescue.
I will try and get more later.

If you pray, pray for the parents who no longer have children, if you don't pray...think good thoughts.

Jason G., thanks for pitching in.

Jason H. You had me scared yesterday until you sent me a text. I know where you live in relation to briarwood, and whoa nelly, that was close. From aerial photos, it looks like it turned that pumping unit about 90* and who knows where my chem. tank ended up.
Glad you guys are safe.

I will keep this short because I am using my iPhone.

I survived the May 3rd, 1999 F5 tornado (had the highest wind speed ever recorded up to that date) that hit Newcastle/Moore/OKC by staying in my grandparents cellar. It left my grandparents home standing and wiped out the next door neighbors house. I never thought I would see that kind of devastation again.

My wife and I watched the storms roll through Oklahoma on Sunday night and took a deep breath because Monday afternoon was supposed to be the most unstable and most likely for large tornado outbreaks. I awoke at 5am Monday morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided that at least I could get up and go to work by 6am so that I could leave early and get my son from daycare. We don't like him to stay at daycare during storms because they don't have a shelter of any kind to protect the children.

I was at work and noticed the storms were already popping up at 1:30pm in Duncan and Lawton and decided that I had worked long enough. I went to the daycare and grabbed my son around 2:20pm and headed home. By 2:45pm I decided I had seen enough and we jumped in the below ground shelter in my garage. We rode the storm out until my brother called and told me it was clear to come out. My house didn't get hit but there is debri everywhere.

The daycare was demolished and while all the children inside survived several had skull fractures and needed surgery. I'm so glad my son was t there. Here is a pic of where the daycare had been:
C15C4433-66A8-4ECE-AB40-78E8B63CD02F-1561-000000B63A6C3B9F_zpsf9782264.jpg

The entrance to my edition:
42F02DCD-AFF8-456B-96F7-430965840DFB-1561-000000B635526C3F_zps4c7bffe2.jpg

0F05EF2B-9CB7-4961-8C9E-83F27A01A01C-1561-000000B62B461D60_zps28b3382f.jpg

Power line damage
9DF4BB7A-F5D7-4885-9599-0A032944C4BF-1561-0000008ED1F22D98_zps5fad65d0.jpg

I didn't take any better pics. I felt anything more than iPhone pics would be distasteful while there are still people needing rescue.
I will try and get more later.

If you pray, pray for the parents who no longer have children, if you don't pray...think good thoughts.

Glad to hear you and your family are safe!

50cal. That pic is actually from the Joplin tornado. But still a testament to what winds during and EF5 tornado can do.