• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To shoot or not to shoot..raffle win 22lr

buckshotbarlow

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2019
So my mom won this Henry 22lr at an elks auction. The question is, do we shoot it...? I have always wanted a 22lr lvr gun, so there is the dark whisper on my shoulder that says run a case through it and be naughty. The other part of me says, dont shoot it, sell it and take the money and buy a shooter for my dad and I. The old man is getting older and doesn't give a rip so the decision is mine. Mom wont run it, she just wants to fish....

I’d sell it and get what you want. If you not interested in the gun it will sit in the safe and collect dust

it wouldnt rust in the safe, i have a dirty fetish for 22lr lvr guns...

It's not worth a lot of money so shoot it

If you want something else buy that when you have the funds

This was free and now you have a lever action toy

Reactions: JKW70
The big question is how many of those are they making. If it's a very limited run then maybe keep it in the box (and the key is to have a pristine set of box and papers) and wait for the current stock to dry up.
Didn't cost you anything so you're ahead either way.

Sell it and make some lasting memories with your Dad.

I had the same decision with a Remington 700 a few years back. Sold it, and got Dad a Annie! Best dam thing ive done in a long time.

Spending time with my Dad at my local range, Priceless!!!

I wish one time, just once I would have listened to guys who said keep it, don’t sell it you’ll regret later on. I imagine the other guys telling you to keep it had a few rifles they wish they could get back too.

Shoot the hell out of it with the Pops. Once you get old, pass it down with the history. That way, it will always be worth more in your eyes.

Just shoot it. It's a .22lr, value barely changes from new in box to 50000 rounds fired if you take care of it.

Why own a gun you won't shoot?

I inherited a Marlin 39A Golden boy. I about shit when I saw what a new one was going for a few years later.
I still shoot it, and I still have a mill/mill scope on it to irritate the purists (and yes, I've had questions from everyone that sees it on why I would ruin a gun like that with a scope.)

If you want to shot a lever gun sell and get a used 94/22 or Marlin 39A. Either will be a better gun. I particularly like the older Marlins.