• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To the IL members

tango6

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
IL
I am looking to get my 5R blueprinted and a badger ord bolt knob with in the next month, I am in dupage county and there is not a lot of options out here. I am also looking to get the barrel and action cerakoted along with the scope so one place would be ideal. I found this guy but I have never heard of him and I would hate for something to happen to my rifle.

Re: To the IL members

Never heard of him either. However, given his listed services he claims to be able to perform, and the fairly standard / basic things you are wanting done, I wouldn't think this would be too hard for him. You might give him a call. Good luck.

I have talked to him, I was just thinking there was someone else in the area that people have used.

Bart Baldwin of Badlwin Gunworks will try you right. He's out of Marion, IL. Fair prices and excellent work. However, I'd not blueprint it til it was ready for a new barrel. The benefit with the factory barrel will be marginal. I'd get the bolt and cerakote and call it a day.

Tyler has it exactly right. You wont reap much benefit blueprinting unless you are putting a new barrel on it, too. that said, how many rounds through the 5R barrel? you paid a premium for that barrel, shoot it til its done, then replace it. cerakote is a great idea, and same goes for the bolt knob.

Some people look down on the idea of having the bolt knob done, but personally i did mine and find it way easier to manipulate the bolt, especially when trying to work the bolt rapidly.

Theres a video put out by Steve McQuay of 8541tactical that shows methods of bolt manipulation. the 2nd way he shows to do it is my preferred method, and having a tactical bolt knob makes it so much smoother and easier. well worth the price.

-Paulus