• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To those who say lower cost guns aren't "accurate"..

When did snipers hide start the DEI memberships.......

Doc
It's me, I'm the problem. It started with me.

My first post in the introduction section, I said I would be the stupidest person here. So far, I have kept my word. But you let one idiot in and another will come along to make even me look smart. And that, frankly, boggles the mind.

Ok so the op said he shot the primer of a shotgun shell
wow
My brother already did that way back in the 70's
He did it once and will never let it go
Fuck he even hit a target at 600yards once
Boy I wish I could hit a shotshell primer once I would be King Atomic_Lobster and out shine yall assholes :cool:
Well after all I do glow like the Sun

Reactions: lash
:cool:
Well after all I do glow like the Sun
6a00d8341c4f9453ef02788048372e200d.png

You feds don't usually admit it so candidly.
You feelin OK ?

Biden got you feelin all uppity and shit ?

• Haha
Reactions: XP1K and Ronws
This iscdei
I sure do miss the old days here before all the fuck foolery started. Back then it was more about Tactics, Land Nav, Ret Ranging, Gun Wind short cuts, scope drifting, Tracking, Blow out kits, ect.
Trumps fault

Wow!
The bear pit was like that?
Imagine how serious the rest of the site was......
That’s what I was thinking. Ty here’s still plenty of those things here in their respective sub-forums. Though admittedly much less of the field craft threads than in the early days.

The Bear pit was always the bear pit.

@Buzzinga

Exactly. I think that is one of the draws to me. The checking of each other. I know that being here makes me more careful about facts. We have a lot of people with enough time to google or bing and say, "actually..."

I do enjoy the roasting. Guys I used to work with and I would do this all the time, in person, to each other's face.

Lee and I would go to a mom and pop diner for lunch on Fridays. Coming back to work, Lee would say, "Man, I feel full and totally useless."

I would ask, "How do we tell the difference between now and before lunch?"

He was 17 years older than I was and I would hold the door open for him and say, "Age before beauty."

Not missing a beat, he would retort, "Pearls before swine."

Another co-worker, Jason, got a nickname started by someone saying that when he was in prison (stolen checks,) he had lost a testicle and was now known as Uno.

He paid us back by farting in a tool bucket and carrying it around. Next day was my turn and payback is a beotch.

Anything you said would be used against you. If you didn't say anything, we would make something up.

So, yeah, this feels like home.
Yep, you know you have a good friend and fit in with the other males when the day is full of insults.

• Love
Reactions: Buzzinga and Ronws
Factory is like a box of chocolates in that you never know what you're going to get.

Ask this poor fellow who will spend his children's college fund trying to un-suss a cheap 110 338LM pickup. He's already down several boxes of expensive ammo and one suppressor trying to unfuck this thing.

Factory is like a box of chocolates in that you never know what you're going to get.

Ask this poor fellow who will spend his children's college fund trying to un-suss a cheap 110 338LM pickup. He's already down several boxes of expensive ammo and one suppressor trying to unfuck this thing.

He should have first bedded the action. I have one that I picked up probably 10-11 years ago, used with only 50 rounds through it. First range trip was shotgun style groups. Took it home and saw that it sat all wonky in the so-called bedding blocks. Bedded it carefully, in that same HS Precision stock and then shot some one ragged hole three shot groups.

Did load development and still have it today, though the barrel is no longer in its prime. Used to have a picture of a 14” three consecutive shot group at 1840 yards from it. Stock everything other than the bedding, cutting a cheek piece out with Terry’s hardware amd adding some lead in the butt for balance.

Reactions: Schütze and Ronws
During the old days the pit did not exist, nor do all the kids. When the kids started finding this place, the bulk of the brain trust slowly started walking. The Field craft section was full of folks here to learn, its still the perfect indicator.
All the guys who I know that talk shit are older so…

When everywhere you go is full of assholes you’re the problem. If the pit hurts your delicate sensibilities leave.
1713042932636.gif

• Love
Reactions: Ronws
He should have first bedded the action. I have one that I picked up probably 10-11 years ago, used with only 50 rounds through it. First range trip was shotgun style groups. Took it home and saw that it sat all wonky in the so-called bedding blocks. Bedded it carefully, in that same HS Precision stock and then shot some one ragged hole three shot groups.

Did load development and still have it today, though the barrel is no longer in its prime. Used to have a picture of a 14” three consecutive shot group at 1840 yards from it. Stock everything other than the bedding, cutting a cheek piece out with Terry’s hardware amd adding some lead in the butt for balance.

Right, so you got one within a reasonable amount of tweaking you were willing to perform that you liked.

Our youtube compadre got one with muzzle threads not squared to the bore among other things he will still have to work out.

You are clueless. If you are just here to stir the pot, how does that make you any different than the thread OP?
Well, see, I thought the OP was stirring the pot in his first post with obvious errors, kind of like, dare me. Or if you could only see the twinkle in my eye.

Then, as things progressed, I realized he was ignorant, which is a curable condition, but posted himself into a corner by defending an indefensible position. And running up on the sword of the ban master achieved nothing.

Well, see, I thought the OP was stirring the pot in his first post with obvious errors, kind of like, dare me. Or if you could only see the twinkle in my eye.

Then, as things progressed, I realized he was ignorant, which is a curable condition, but posted himself into a corner by defending an indefensible position. And running up on the sword of the ban master achieved nothing.
Before he posted this thread I suspected what he was, but gave him the benefit of doubt. The reason why what I posted first, could be read many different ways. Then as time went on the bait became more pointed, until it was hook line & sinker. There are another 4 in the wood work and before long they will lead their selves down the same path.

You are clueless. If you are just here to stir the pot, how does that make you any different than the thread OP?
I’ve been here, you’re the one who showed up bitching lol. Guess I’m so clueless I can’t see when you did that…

During the old days the pit did not exist, nor do all the kids. When the kids started finding this place, the bulk of the brain trust slowly started walking. The Field craft section was full of folks here to learn, its still the perfect indicator.

Always liked your contributions around here.
Yeah...we get it.
Except.....
The entire site is teeming with alphabet soup, liberal trolls, scammers, and just plain dipshits.
Didn't you take an extended leave here a while back? Why was that? Pretty sure its cause you just can't "talk in the open" anymore.
So.....some of us just poke at the problems.

I used to contribute quite a bit, but I just got tired of the likes of the OP....they've always been around.
I decided some time ago, fuckem let them figure it out on their own. Pearls before swine and all that jazz.
I'm certainly not gonna just go sit in the corner for a couple years, thinking things will change.

plenty of cheap guns are accurate. the supposition that cheap can't be accurate is dumb

Always liked your contributions around here.
Yeah...we get it.
Except.....
The entire site is teeming with alphabet soup, liberal trolls, scammers, and just plain dipshits.
Didn't you take an extended leave here a while back? Why was that? Pretty sure its cause you just can't "talk in the open" anymore.
So.....some of us just poke at the problems.

I used to contribute quite a bit, but I just got tired of the likes of the OP....they've always been around.
I decided some time ago, fuckem let them figure it out on their own. Pearls before swine and all that jazz.
I'm certainly not gonna just go sit in the corner for a couple years, thinking things will change.
Yep, took a break from posting because of the kid shit and the reach around crowd, but was keep up to date by many. Its interesting what this place has become, vs what it started out as. Then again it mirrors what the country has become to a point.
Never stopped shooting, just switched to subs across the board, now I do about 5 high speed to 250-300 subs.. We ran some matches in some real interesting places, and the neighbors never knew anything was going on.

I know, I don't see you as often as the old days, and you are right about talking openly. The days of talking about what was normally openly spoke years ago, or in PM's about field craft, ect are over. As you said, let them find out on their own, as most of it can not be googled anyway.

Really? That seem to your take only per others. I was in the thread from the get go, when did you show up?
I was here but don’t post 24/7 only 18/4 or so. Also no reason to post when it was in the normal thread section I’m not stupid. Knew it would get kicked here eventually, there’s a reason I don’t get bans. If been following op around since he got here and started being a twat

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I think you guys made him commit internet suicide. Pretty sure he saw being banned as his only way out. Can you imagine how much relief he must feel now?

You all owe him rent, you've taken up permanent residence in his head. Damn squatters :LOL:

@mcrider 55. If you come back to sail your storm a little further I will explain this to you...since you like psychology so much...

I've said this before on this forum, but this behavior is men checking the behavior of other men. This type of activity actually helps mankind and society as a whole by not allowing men to become feminized or to identify those who have. It is actually the exact opposite of what you suggest in your last post--that every member of this forum isn't attracted to women in any way at all is totally wrong. What you are experiencing is the same, in spirit, as you would encounter at a male-dominated job site like a construction site.

When the new guy comes in and isn't bothered by any shit thrown at him, just lets it roll off his shoulders, it says something about him. If he gets pissed, tries to defend against every attack, and sits alone at lunch with a frown on his face, the other men know something else about him and he won't be accepted into the tribe.

This is essentially done to weed-out the weak males in a population. This is a tradition as old as society itself. If men figuratively collapse when someone calls you a name, if you can't be trusted to stay calm under this mildest of stresses, how can other members of a tribe count on that man during a stressful hunt or during combat where brains and an ability to think without emotion is required.

The answer is simple, one cannot. So as a method to insure our own survival and the survival of our families, men have learned how to test the strength of other men by throwing a little shit their way. How they respond says everything about them.

In regards to never backing down, that just makes you look weak. Each time you get mad or what you call not backing down, you look weak. What you are doing is telling the world the exact recipe to anger you and get under your skin so they can do it over and over again. Further, by showing so much emotion, you are giving power to what others have said. By ignoring it, you take the power away, you demonstrate this doesn't bother you.
1713062025608.gif

I think you guys made him commit internet suicide. Pretty sure he saw being banned as his only way out. Can you imagine how much relief he must feel now?

You all owe him rent, you've taken up permanent residence in his head. Damn squatters :LOL:

@mcrider 55. If you come back to sail your storm a little further I will explain this to you...since you like psychology so much...

I've said this before on this forum, but this behavior is men checking the behavior of other men. This type of activity actually helps mankind and society as a whole by not allowing men to become feminized or to identify those who have. It is actually the exact opposite of what you suggest in your last post--that every member of this forum isn't attracted to women in any way at all is totally wrong. What you are experiencing is the same, in spirit, as you would encounter at a male-dominated job site like a construction site.

When the new guy comes in and isn't bothered by any shit thrown at him, just lets it roll off his shoulders, it says something about him. If he gets pissed, tries to defend against every attack, and sits alone at lunch with a frown on his face, the other men know something else about him and he won't be accepted into the tribe.

This is essentially done to weed-out the weak males in a population. This is a tradition as old as society itself. If men figuratively collapse when someone calls you a name, if you can't be trusted to stay calm under this mildest of stresses, how can other members of a tribe count on that man during a stressful hunt or during combat where brains and an ability to think without emotion is required.

The answer is simple, one cannot. So as a method to insure our own survival and the survival of our families, men have learned how to test the strength of other men by throwing a little shit their way. How they respond says everything about them.

In regards to never backing down, that just makes you look weak. Each time you get mad or what you call not backing down, you look weak. What you are doing is telling the world the exact recipe to anger you and get under your skin so they can do it over and over again. Further, by showing so much emotion, you are giving power to what others have said. By ignoring it, you take the power away, you demonstrate this doesn't bother you.
You know we can’t fucking read…
1713065374683.gif

Just an opinion but I can't help but think that thermals took the proverbial 'wind out of the sails' with regards to fieldcraft. Neither right or wrong of course, just a thought is all.

-LD

Just an opinion but I can't help but think that thermals took the proverbial 'wind out of the sails' with regards to fieldcraft. Neither right or wrong of course, just a thought is all.

-LD
While target detection is a field craft thing,(but only one of many tasks) don't get hung up thinking thermal is the be all. It like all things, has counters as well. In fact one counter works very well in making them fire first to give up their location. TV, movies, & games, are always lagging behind by years upon years, and many times never caught up. Does it make it harder yes, but not impossible. Like all tools, just having xyz tool does not imply one knows how to employ it properly, or if need be counter its usage. Much like thinking shooting one hole groups is the be all, when things get real.

Reactions: Makinchips208
Much like thinking shooting one hole groups is the be all, when things get real.
This is something in particular I've had a hard time with. Especially with my gas guns. I'm on my fourth large frame now. I've had a sig, pof, pws, and now an lmt. The pws has been the best so far. If I really stayed on top of the fundamentals it was a .75-.5 moa gun. (Flame away) And it's cold bore was always dead nuts. Really struggled with letting that one go. I just couldn't pass up a low round count mws for a $1,000.

After watching mountains mullets America on youtube shoot his kac's at 100 (not really impressive) and then stretching them to distance on man sized targets, I realized I'd been a little too hard on my expectations for my gassers.

I've yet to put much time behind this mws but so far it looks like it's at least going to shoot moa. Hopefully I'll get out with it this afternoon.

One hole is still the expectation from my bolt guns though.

I, for one, am just glad y'all ascertained that cheap rifles cannot, in fact, be accurate.

Is everyone finally agreed upon this revelation ?
Especially a goddamned savage. Ick

• Haha
Reactions: lash
You just stay in that there closet with that there boy toy then mmmk ?

But it does tight gruuupz! It does three shotz inna clover leaf all day iffin I do my part...which is how long it takes to work the action without gettin a jam.

You guyz are all the gays. I know so. My DD-215 sez so (my accomplishments are so many that I get an extra DD).