• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Todd Hodnett: Grip and Finger Hold for Long Range

Re: Todd Hodnett: Grip and Finger Hold for Long Range

I tried this grip the "incorrect" way as shown in the Magpul video. My groups opened up by half a minute.

FWIW I watched all the Snipers Hide videos prior to the Magpul / hodnett videos and was very encouraged at how similar most of the fundamentals were being taught. I was actually very excited that both seemed to be on the same page. The first time I heard hodnett describe his grip I immediately thought of the "trigger school" video.

If it works it works and I am glad I have been able to take the best from all opinions....which has been facilitated by this forum and all the collective knowledge of the posters.

I couldn't take a week off for the RO course so I am going down to FL to take the Magpul course and hope I learn a lot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MARS,

and not recommended they aren't all they appear. </div></div>

Not recommended at all.

I have to say i watched the Magpul vid from start to finish and can't for the life of me find any reason why Todd should not be commended on all of it. Is it the end all, be all of shooting instruction? No. And i don't believe it was ever intended to be. But it is a great video to explain some of what is required and what mind set should be used as you start to get into shooting like this. I for one say thank you Magpul and Todd for an amazing video and providing yet another chance for people without big thick wallets to learn this stuff.

I've never shot using the grip being discussed, but it seems to me its just away to prevent you from adding to much grip pressure to the rifle when firing to prevent any torque. I still wrap my fingers around the grip of my A5 stock but just make sure i don't applie more pressure then is necessary to keep my hand in place and never wrap your thumb around.

I watched the Dvd's As well and i thought it was good basic information in the context it was given. I think a lot of people were expectIng a full fledged training course in the DVD set and thats not what it is. As such they're not going to go into great detail on every aspect and fundamental required in precision shooting. If one wants to learn that then sign up for actual training.
As for the info being put out on the dvd, treat it as any other pie e of instruction, try i for yourself and see if it works for you, dont just take it at face value. If it works put it inyou toolbox, if it doesnt then dont use it. But if you are goin to comment on anything do it from experience not just from jumping on the bandwagon of the peanut gallery.