• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Toggle Action Rimfires

Harv24

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
Neenah,WI
So when is someone like CZ or Tikka or Ruger going to make a toggle action rifle...?
Would love to try one out that is not in the $2k price range... I know they are common in Biathlon rifles. I think a CZ 455 or Ruger American Rimfire with a toggle action would be a hot seller.
I would also think from a Manufacturing standpoint it would be easier to built with less machining. Maybe not.

Thoughts?

There's a Baikal toggle as well. Biathlon somethin.

Ok, you don't like any of the options I posted so far... That's fair.

I would guess toggle actions don't sell that well or there would be more options.

Zastava LB22 - $200-250 and discontinued, they do come up on gunbroker every now and then though

I want to get a straight pull one of these days. The top of my list is the Summit, but would mind a Biathlon Basic if I could find one (they go for around $900 now, though).

I see Browning released a target style T-Bolt with laminated stock and threaded barrel this year. That might be a winner.

Ok, you don't like any of the options I posted so far... That's fair.

I would guess toggle actions don't sell that well or there would be more options.

Zastava LB22 - $200-250 and discontinued, they do come up on gunbroker every now and then though

Not at all, and I appreciate you posting them...just pointing out the cost, The summit looks nice...uses BX Ruger mags... but the price...ouch

The Steyr looks good as well... but that God awful scout stock.

Outlandish yes, but do what I did, I sold 3 scopes, a Anschutz MPR, and some other stuff to get into a Anschutz 1827F. Yes, I'd do it again, these things are one of the most enjoyable, reliable and accurate 22's ever made. Or at least work in that direction starting with a toggle bolt.

Outlandish yes, but do what I did, I sold 3 scopes, a Anschutz MPR, and some other stuff to get into a Anschutz 1827F. Yes, I'd do it again, these things are one of the most enjoyable, reliable and accurate 22's ever made. Or at least work in that direction starting with a toggle bolt.

Have to agree Steve. I'd rather have one tool that does everything that that tool could have ever been expected to do--and does all those things better than anything like it--than have a whole box full of tools that only kind do some things "okay".

I'm not a toggle bolt person, but I do know that German rimfire rifles are the real deal. With the excpetion of Grunig & Elmiger, and some FULL custom actions like the Myers here in the States, Anschutz does it better than anyone in the world has ever done. They've forgotten more about things that did NOT work for the rimfire than most companies ever knew. Just ask 'em! :LOL:

-Nate

I think it would be pretty hard to make something like this that works well for cheap.

P12OPC1.jpg

The straight pull Fortner is a lot of fun and really fast. I shoot it just about every day.

ZzknZLZ.jpg

Saw one of those 1827F riflesin a GRS stock and with a S&B ultra short dot 5-25? .... anyway probably the sexiest rimfire in existence :)

After seeing the bolt, Yeah, I tend to think you're correct about manufacturing a low cost version. Looks like a lot of machining.

Mack Brothers had a couple of straight-pull rifles at SHOT that strongly resemble the Anschutz Fortner action. No prices, yet, but it looked nice.

Mack Brothers had a couple of straight-pull rifles at SHOT that strongly resemble the Anschutz Fortner action. No prices, yet, but it looked nice.

Any photos or videos of this? I tried googling it and nothing came up

Not at all, and I appreciate you posting them...just pointing out the cost, The summit looks nice...uses BX Ruger mags... but the price...ouch

The Steyr looks good as well... but that God awful scout stock.

The 22's have all dried up a year or 2 ago, but how about the ISSC in 17HMR?

I have (as mentioned in a reply to a previous thread) held and worked the action on an ISSC Spa toggle-action rifle. It is a lightweight rifle suitable for a youngster or trap line monitoring. If you want to do some decent offhand work (especially target shooting) you would need a new, larger and more solid, i.e. stronger receiver to hold a larger diameter barrel. It is one of those rifles that are not intended to be built up for greater accuracy.

Ishmash Biathlon Tgt is a viable toggle bolt with a price point that is under $1,000. They are not imported anymore but are out there and available. Very robust design and exceptionally reliable. Hammer forged bbl. Accuracy for my tgt model is comparable to other similar field grade rifles. 1/2" groups at 50y. Sometimes less. I have seen them recently for sale for about $900. Sometimes with luck you can find them for less. Built like a Russian tractor. I have a little Anschutz 1451 repeater which is the entry level flobert action. The Ishmash will perform on par with it using similar grade ammo. Not a pretty rifle. Chunky, and the wood stock is homely at best. Very much the utilitarian tool. Heavy, stiff receiver, but overall a light weight rifle that is easy to carry in the field all day. No sling swivels. Reasonably nice two stage trigger. I would give it 2 thumbs up. Accuracy potential is not up to the best tgt grade annies such as the Fortner action biathlon rifles or the model 54's. But neither is the price.

Irish

Attachments

• Ishmash Bi.JPG
    Ishmash Bi.JPG
    496.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Ishmash Bi tgt.JPG
    Ishmash Bi tgt.JPG
    541.7 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: ZG47A
Ishmash Biathlon Tgt is a viable toggle bolt with a price point that is under $1,000. They are not imported anymore but are out there and available. Very robust design and exceptionally reliable. Hammer forged bbl. Accuracy for my tgt model is comparable to other similar field grade rifles. 1/2" groups at 50y. Sometimes less. I have seen them recently for sale for about $900. Sometimes with luck you can find them for less. Built like a Russian tractor. I have a little Anschutz 1451 repeater which is the entry level flobert action. The Ishmash will perform on par with it using similar grade ammo. Not a pretty rifle. Chunky, and the wood stock is homely at best. Very much the utilitarian tool. Heavy, stiff receiver, but overall a light weight rifle that is easy to carry in the field all day. No sling swivels. Reasonably nice two stage trigger. I would give it 2 thumbs up. Accuracy potential is not up to the best tgt grade annies such as the Fortner action biathlon rifles or the model 54's. But neither is the price.

Irish

I have heard some of these produce groups that are quite excellent.

The anschutz Fortner action Is amazing for speed shooting crows. But wow Is it pricey.

Saw one of those 1827F riflesin a GRS stock and with a S&B ultra short dot 5-25? .... anyway probably the sexiest rimfire in existence

Not a 5-25 but a 5-20. Very happy with it so far. Going to add some bedding pillars to it, bed it and remove the extended mag release.

This pic has the OEM bases and Kelbly rings. Waayyy too high. Replaces the base with a 25 MOA made by DIP and switched to Seekins rings.
LuYrhxO.jpg

There it is. With new scope base and rings that is one of the best rigs I have ever seen. That is a dream set up right there. Very nicely done ?

Hope it shoots as well as it looks

I've always been drawn to these as well. I've been planning on one of these for a while, https://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/1727-22-trainer.html
but it may take a back seat until I get a Vudoo.

I did pick up a PWS Summit a couple of years ago It rides in a McMillan Anschutz stock with a PWS carbon wrapped barrel. I've been very pleased with it. I'm certain it won't hang with a 1727 or 1827, since it won't hang with my 54.18, but for a $500 rifle, ( bought it used ) it's been a great so far.