• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Too cool.

Re: Too cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only watched 3 minutes of it so maybe I missed it, but why again is it in Gunsmithing?</div></div>

Cause he drives like Chad is shooting at him.
cool.gif

Great video. Reminds me of my days working in the cart barn of a golf course...

Damn! Boy has some serious skills! Is that a AWD car? I couldn't really tell. He was definitely putting his rev limiter to good use! Reminds me why I tried to get into auto racing.

It looked like, to me, the car was rear and front wheel drive depending on which system better suited the maneuver.

I only say this because after watching, it seem in some frames, on a hard start the front wheels would smoke and pull the car and other the rear would smoke and push the ass end around the side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only watched 3 minutes of it so maybe I missed it, but why again is it in Gunsmithing?

Not tryin to sound like a dick but 12 of the first 100 threads in gunsmithing are yours. Thats 12% man, maybe combine some of them?

I know I sound like a butthole... sorry
I do admire your work. Just wish I could see it all in one place
smile.gif
</div></div>

Marketing 101:

Exposure is everything. . .

I was content posting here/there and living a quiet little life showing customer guns/projects/etc. Vendors here got "irked" as they felt it was advertisement and undermining them because they were paying sponsors.

Well enough was enough, the hammer came down, and I am now a sponsor as well. You can be certain I'm going to get my money's worth.

If that's a problem then I don't know what to say to you.

Why did I post it here? Because this is pretty much the only venue on this site that I exist in. I don't visit other sections very often. It's a matter of convenience.

Far as I can tell your the only one complaining.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...because a once in a blue moon random completely off topic post makes us grin... and to remind us to not take ourselves too seriously. </div></div>

Exactly!!
smile.gif

C. </div></div>

Chad, I love the post you put up of your work!! But this was just as cool as are the posts of your engine you are building for your airplane. Keep them coming brother, I dont think I am the only one who feels this way.

SEMPER FI

Wow! Just watched this again. So he has a sequential shifter but has a clutch pedal?

Around 2:20 you can see he uses the pedal to pull the brake lever and you hear the rev limiter kick in. So if it is what I think it is, it's really trick. It has a sequential tranny that works without a clutch and clutch lever to help the car into a slide. That's why it's always smoking tires and bouncing off the limiter. The gas is always on the floor!

That was awesome.. I'm a truck guy.. but maybe I could throw one of those in the back of my bed for fun.

Nice vid... 3rd time ive seen it but its good enough that I watch it again.

C.Dixon, nice story. If you got scared, and you have had 20 years of experience... shit then it must have been crazy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was awesome.. I'm a truck guy.. but maybe I could throw one of those in the back of my bed for fun. </div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDGfzYiDEpI</div></div>

That's what I'm talking about!!! The driving wasn't bad either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow, to be a passenger for that would be awesome.... </div></div>

Careful what you wish for. . .

Call this gay or whatever you want.

I returned home one trip from Iraq in May of 08. At the dealer was a brand spanking new 2008 Gixxer 1000 that I'd bought while deployed. I had them install the Bazazz traction control/fuel managment, Akropovich exhaust, new binders, etc.

Nasty, nasty bike sporting around 180hp at the wheel. I'd raced (actually I was the fat old guy trying to keep up with suicidal 20 year olds that weighed about 90lbs) the 600cc "poser class" at Pueblo and 2nd creek a few times so this wasn't exactly a new idea for me. Been riding sport bikes for close to 20 years.

Anyway I pick this thing up and head out for the weekend to Deckers west of COS to break in the motor. The following Monday I enrolled at the Jason Pridmore racing school being hosted by the Pueblo track.

road all day, think I'm a bad ass, etc. Jason offers "ride alongs" to students as a way to earn some cash for one of his pit crew guys suffering from a brain tumor. I cough up a few bucks and off we go. They had a photographer there taking pics. This is my fat ass middle of turn one.

corneredit3copy1emailedit.jpg

Hairy leg on the back of a sport bike is pretty much the gayest thing a grown man can do. Let me express to you that by the end of the first corner I was his bitch. Not even going to try and lie my way out of it.

It was the most terrifying experience of my life. I'll take a <span style="font-style: italic">firefight</span> over this. 25 to 30mph faster corner speeds with me on the back of a bone stock gixxer 1000 than I could do by myself.

White knuckle all the way.

Make fun, poke, I don't care. I did it and if anyone ever wants the living crap scared out of them, find the school and bring a helmet along with a paper sack to puke in when your done.

VH2F2475.jpg

</div></div>

Chad, I see terror in your eye's! No way in hell would I ride with those guy's and I have been riding for a while. I'm not poking fun at you nor would I ever. You sir, have more balls than me. Nice gun building by the way. Tommy

Being a gear head (1st) most of my life,i can defenitly RELATE to this thread.

Thanks Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N0S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought so... I watched it for the 4th time now... still amazes me how good he is. </div></div>

What's interesting is how good he isn't when racing against Sebastian Loeb, Danny Sordo, Mikka Hirvonen, Jari Matti Latvala et al who consistently beat him like a red headed step child all over the WRC courses every year. </div></div>

Block´s car in vid is basically World Rally Car without supercharging restrictions. Most expensive part in WRC car is transmission btw.

Block has been in WRC a year or two already.
He is talented alright, but it takes years to keep up in pace these guys are keep day after day whole weekend.
Link is to Rally Finland in-car clips. Its one of the fastest average speed rallys in world cup.
Its amazing how these cars can jump, almost like dirtbikes.

Look ma -no safety areas! :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yBuh0qri8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only watched 3 minutes of it so maybe I missed it, but why again is it in Gunsmithing?

Not tryin to sound like a dick but 12 of the first 100 threads in gunsmithing are yours. Thats 12% man, maybe combine some of them?

I know I sound like a butthole... sorry
I do admire your work. Just wish I could see it all in one place
smile.gif
</div></div>

Marketing 101:

Exposure is everything. . .

I was content posting here/there and living a quiet little life showing customer guns/projects/etc. Vendors here got "irked" as they felt it was advertisement and undermining them because they were paying sponsors.

Well enough was enough, the hammer came down, and I am now a sponsor as well. You can be certain I'm going to get my money's worth.

If that's a problem then I don't know what to say to you.

Why did I post it here? Because this is pretty much the only venue on this site that I exist in. I don't visit other sections very often. It's a matter of convenience.

Far as I can tell your the only one complaining.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...because a once in a blue moon random completely off topic post makes us grin... and to remind us to not take ourselves too seriously. </div></div>

Exactly!!
smile.gif

C. </div></div>

Ya I'm grumpy sometimes and do take certain things too seriously.