• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Too Much Scope for a SCAR 17? ;D

From my personal experience with the Vudu 5-25, I just spent time with one yesterday, the CA is terrible. Very noticeable.
In all fairness, my experience is a sample size of one. One guy, and one scope. So, I say that going in. The SPECIFIC one I shot was horrible. Once you see the bright greenish/yellow tint line around the border of colors, you can’t unsee it.

I've got a 16.25" 6.5mm CM barrel on my SCAR17 w/ a NF 2.5-10x42, and it'll shoot 3/4" 5-shot groups with Hornady factory match ammo at 100 all day long. All my reloading gear is still packed up from a move, but I would anticipate I can drop that a bit with some reloads. It's not a bolt gun, but that's decent performance for something as light as it is. I do have an adjustable (AR-style) gas block on it, so it's tuned really well, and the recoil is very manageable, far better than stock with 308 and being overgassed (I ended up tuning that with the PMM gas jets). I do have a Bobro non-cantilever mount, though, as it's a SCAR and I've seen first hand what happens to even decent scopes with a cantilever mount, and it required a trip back to the factory for the scope (a friend).

Put a Atlas bipod on that bad boy. Sit it on the bench, that sheet would look wicked!