• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Took a can of spray paint to 1 of my Glocks (pics)

Jer

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2008
Loveland, Colorado
And here's how it turned out.

Here's a shot before:

G17.jpg

And after about $2 worth of Krylon Camo spray paint in Khaki color from Walmart:

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

Re: Took a can of spray paint to 1 of my Glocks (p

confused.gif
It's your gun, so do what you wish with it.... But I don't uderstand. WHY??????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sharpstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
confused.gif
It's your gun, so do what you wish with it.... But I don't uderstand. WHY?????? </div></div>

Because that's what I wanted.
wink.gif

Im curious to see what happens after it goes in and out of a holster a few times.
I think it looks OK just not sure if spray paint will stick long term.

I think it looks good, but yea, it aint gonna last when you holster it. I'd be careful when cleaning it also, as most solvents are gonna take that paint off pretty damn quick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bighouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im curious to see what happens after it goes in and out of a holster a few times.
I think it looks OK just not sure if spray paint will stick long term. </div></div>

It's not a safe queen so I'm not really concerned if it looks perfect for life. Whenever I feel it needs a refresh it's a simple enough fix and if I get tired of it a $1.99 can of brake cleaner solves that problem. I think it will be fairly durable though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wiskey_33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it looks good, but yea, it aint gonna last when you holster it. I'd be careful when cleaning it also, as most solvents are gonna take that paint off pretty damn quick. </div></div>

One guy said was saying he was going on 6mos on an IWB daily carry gun (which this is not) and said the finish looked as good as day one. I'm not planning on that but it should last just fine. Lots of thing coats so might be more durable than it would seem.

As for cleaning I don't use solvents on my Glocks. A stiff cleaning brush a couple of places (slide tangs are the closest I get to the frame itself) and a bore snake followed by a few drops of oil. So it should be just fine.

Hello everyone,

Krylon camo paint can with care and proper prep work actually hold up quite well. I painted a Ruger M77A1 project in krylon and long as I'm not bashing or thrashing it with any sharp objects it holds up quite well I have yet to have to touch it up and it's been about year. Despite my sucess with krylon I have just two words for you,"Dura Coat". It is a lot more time consuming process but it will leave you with a finish that is indistructable. Refer to these youtube videos for more information
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIUpl4gpW-k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvDJzweGPo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLXXSsXl6xA&feature=related
and support "The Nutnfancy Project"

I like the contrast.
My Glock 34 has been three different colors,but always Duracoat.

Well, if you hadn't told me it was Krylon, I wouldn't have known. Question going forward, it--how does it hold up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joel45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, if you hadn't told me it was Krylon, I wouldn't have known. Question going forward, it--how does it hold up? </div></div>

I guess we'll all find out.