• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Took my son shooting for the first time yesterday.

medic103

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2005
Parkland, FL
www.facebook.com
I've waiting 8 years for this day. Back when I found out I was having a son, my friend Mike Rescigno, owner and Master gunsmith at Tactical Operations built me one of his Green Hornet integrally suppressed .22lr's to match my Echo 51 308. He even made the serial number my son's initials and birthdate. I was going to shoot at a range that I knew had a rimfire gallery, so I thought it was time to take Matt to shoot. We practiced in the morning, going over firearm safety, range rules, gun operation, and some technique. After an hours drive, he couldn't wait to get on the range. He insisted on carrying his gun, and once set up, the only thing he wanted me to do was load his mags in-between shooting strings. I couldn't be more proud of him.

Here he is during practice in the house..

Running the bolt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD8REqHO8Gc&feature=youtu.be

At the range bringing his rifle to the line..

And, shooting his first targets..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozwzokmt9yw

That is a happy day. May he be a marksman for the rest of his life.

Outstanding! It's amazing how fast the youngsters learn and excel. Great times to be had.

He is a lucky boy to have a dad like that. Hopefully you will now have something to share and bond over for the rest of your lives.

VERY COOL!! Congrats to you and your son. I hope you both are able to enjoy this sport for a very long time. I know my girls and I do...

This is a wonderful thing to see and it will only get better with time my daughter and I shot this morning and was cracking me up when she told the guy next to us to Please do not shoot our targets. but it gets much more fun the older they get congrats

enjoyed this post,
I am happy to see like minded people,teaching gun safety, an marksmen ship.to the future shooters of our sports
medic, my sons wanted to play any kind of ball (baseball, football, basketball,) as young men, now they have grown,(21,19,years of age), they are just now getting into the shooting sports.
like you an jbell, i missed the early years.
as a father, my HAT IS OFF TO YOU SIR!.
make the most of your time together, an hold on to the memories

Thanks guys! I couldn't be more proud of him. He's been bugging me since Saturday to go shoot again, so it looks like it's going to a passion with him as it is me.

Congrats. I bought a little pink 22 for my daughter when she was 2 weeks old. I still have 5-6 years till we can take it out.

Start saving ammo. My daughter would shoot all day. As long as I had ammo she would burn it. It was not long before the 22 was supplemented with a 243. Then then mid teen years come along and a drivers license. That's when it will slow down.

Already sizing up rifles for my boys (2 & 11 Months). Might be a little early but one could always hope. Congrats for getting your boy into the sport.

I bet he had fun.

I had my 5 yr old grandson out in the side yard with me this past weekend and let him take some shots from a .177 Crosman pellet rifle from 15 yards at a 16 x 16 inch metal plate since those little lead pellets just splat and drop down in front of it. He took 3 shots and then wanted to dig worms, lol... That's ok, we had fun.

It's a ton of fun with them. I need to get a short stock for my 10/22 or get a kids bolt gun. I'm going to get out the plasma cutter and build a shooting gallery soon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk