• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Top 3 bolt action production rifles in 6.5 CM

Paul1262

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
Curious to know what members considered to be the current top 3 bolt action production rifles chambered in 6.5 CM for mid and long range competition.

Thanks. Looks like Bergara discontinued several of their premier LRP's. Too bad, I really like the Bergara rifles. I will take a look at Bad Rock and PVA.
I have a Begara HMR that shoots really well. It shoots better than I do...I believe they are about to release a new LRP

7E29A284-BA0B-4006-BA6F-EE0FF61FECD5.jpeg

their new LRP

I have a Begara HMR that shoots really well. It shoots better than I do...I believe they are about to release a new LRP
Thanks for the update information on the LRP - Also agree on the Bergara HMR, excellent rifle.

MPA PMR rifle is a good rifle in that price point. The John Hancock is a great rifle but the availability is not good at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to reference the two web sites. I will look into both.

Reactions: Luvman
The down sides to an AI are cost, weight, and the pistol grip ergonomics. If the cost and weight aren’t an issue then as long as you like the grip you’ll be set.

The GA Precision GAP team rifle in 6.5 CM looks really good but the price will take more consideration. Thanks for the recommendation.
Was referring to the new one here. Solid build from a great smith at a good price

Attachments

• 9906D4CA-CDB4-4760-AC15-C1E6A06F754B.png
    9906D4CA-CDB4-4760-AC15-C1E6A06F754B.png
    974.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 90D41B2D-0E43-4268-9DD8-5E8D8E2EC01F.png
    90D41B2D-0E43-4268-9DD8-5E8D8E2EC01F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
Reactions: Mechdesigner
+1 on the John Hancock. Shot one a while back and have been keeping my eyes on the market, they currently seem to be scarce (which tends to speak well for a product).

Was referring to the new one here. Solid build from a great smith at a good price
Thanks for the update. Looks like a very good rifle unfortunately, it appears that it will be available only in 6mm CM and 6 mm GT.

+1 on the John Hancock. Shot one a while back and have been keeping my eyes on the market, they currently seem to be scarce (which tends to speak well for a product).
I don't believe they are taking any orders until they finish their current orders. Even then, the lead time is about 6-9 months.

i am currently scrambling to get some funds together for one of these...i am the guy on that post that commented with the office gif saying “pay my taxes or buy a rifle?” Lol

The Seekins Havak Bravo is hard to overlook. I have heard nothing but good things about this rifle.

Reactions: JMS904
I got a big horn origin, krg bravo, and some PVA prefits (on sale) and a trigger tech trigger. Kind of a john hancock parts kit lol. I have no technical skills but was able to assemble it fine. sub 1/2 MOA pretty consistently.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
The down sides to an AI are cost, weight, and the pistol grip ergonomics. If the cost and weight aren’t an issue then as long as you like the grip you’ll be set.
Cost? A full custom from LRI, SAC or any of the good gunsmiths is about the same price of an AI (AT). Weight is a plus sometimes in managing recoil. The only downside I could see is if you wanted to change stocks, or weren't keen on AI's pistol grip.

Cost? A full custom from LRI, SAC or any of the good gunsmiths is about the same price of an AI (AT). Weight is a plus sometimes in managing recoil. The only downside I could see is if you wanted to change stocks, or weren't keen on AI's pistol grip.

When comparing an AT to a custom I totally agree. When comparing them to other production rifles is where the cost is a downside. I did change the stock on my AT to an AX. There is an aftermarket chassis out and another on the way. Which is also costly.

That really just leaves the pistol grip As a possible down side.

One big plus for post ‘14 AI’s is the quick lock barrel. Buy it in 6.5 and decide you want more compact package? Easy. Spin on a short tube in less than a minute. And the swap is repeatable.

I was at the range recently and let a guy shoot mine. He was easily hitting clay pigeons at 350 with my 6.5 barrel. He asked how repeatable swapping barrels was. I pulled the 6.5 barrel and installed my short .308 tube. I dialed on the zero offset and dope for 350 then handed him a .308 round. Boom another dead clay pigeon on the 350 berm.