• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Top end barrel and smith for my Savage 110 FCP

Hoverp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2009
Preview
Who would be a good barrel maker and gunsmith to send my Savage 110 fcp to to get the stock barrel replaced with a great hand lapped barrel, chambered to shoot the 300 grain Lapua bullet, and also have the muzzle brake threaded.

Any one here who has done this with their 338 Lapua savage.

Reason is I'm not impressed with this particular barrel on this platform from Savage and want a quality custom barrel.

Thanks fellas.

Re: Top end barrel and smith for my Savage 110 FCP

Jon Addis at 419 Firearms has done this exact thing to a number of Savages.
Prices will be pretty reasonable and good turn around time.
http://www.area419.com/

I was thinking about getting one, what don't you like about it?

Just not getting the accuracy I want out of this particular barrel. I feel the platform and action are good but sometimes with mass produced barrels you end up with one that is substandard....I Got one of those. Just the way it goes.

That's a shame to hear.. I've had dozens of savage rifles over the years and they have all been tack drivers.. sorry man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoverp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just not getting the accuracy I want out of this particular barrel. I feel the platform and action are good but sometimes with mass produced barrels you end up with one that is substandard....I Got one of those. Just the way it goes.</div></div>

serious question.. is this your first 338LM?

SSS is the savage smith to avoid, not for competence - for just about everything else possible

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoverp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just not getting the accuracy I want out of this particular barrel. I feel the platform and action are good but sometimes with mass produced barrels you end up with one that is substandard....I Got one of those. Just the way it goes.</div></div>

serious question.. is this your first 338LM? </div></div>

Yes it is.