• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Top rifle builders in the US for ELR large caliber

XXXXX

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2013
Who are the top rifle builders in the US for larger bore ELR rifles like the .375 Chey Tac?

I am going to have one built and want to make sure the guy can mate the barrel to the action properly so no accuracy is wasted. No what I mean?

Thanks.

Re: Top rifle builders in the US for ELR large caliber

This should be good. There is a long list of accomplished gunsmiths on this site. If you stay on the path and not deviate really no problems. My question would be what reamer what bullet is it throated for and what twist barrel? Action choice is a small one, really comes down to the shooter for all potential accuracy.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for raising some good questions about reamer, twist, bullet.

I need to find out from people with "hands on successful experience" with the 375 CT to know which bullets work best, and with which rate of twist. I have already posted those questions on two separate posts, one on twist, one on bullet type, before I read your reply, so hopefully, I will be getting the right answers soon.

Regarding the reamer, I have not thought of that one yet, and yet that's a very, very, important part of the equation as well. The fact is, I don't know enough about 375 CT reamers to know what to ask about them. Is there a place where I can find out about them without exhausting myself on the computer 12 hours a day only to come back and post the question here?? :) Because that's what I did about finding out about action types, and am still figuring that one out. Thanks.

Dave Viers of Black Diamond Rifles will sort you

Instead of the 375, I would look at the 338 for better bullet choices.

I do plan on getting a .338 later, but for now I am sticking to the 375 CT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave Viers of Black Diamond Rifles will sort you</div></div>

^^ this or RW Snyder Gunsmithing

I've seen several CT builds out at Mac's Gunworks in Gillette, WY. Really nice builds. Give him a call.

GA Precision
Short Action Customs
BlackOps Tech

There are several choices for top tier smiths.

For this extreme level of proficiency there is only one Rifle Builder that I would depend on. The legendary man that I speak of is no other than
Tom Sarver himself. He guarantees 1/4 MOA accuracy at 2000 yards out of his custom long rifles. The best thing about Tom is after he puts your rifle together he will put you through a custom tactical training course that teaches you everything you will ever need to know about extreme long range shooting. If you want the best of the best look no further. Here is the link to his website http://thundervalleyprecision.com

That's going to be a single shot action. No prices either. If you wanna know how much it's gonna cost, you probably can't afford it.

If your eye can resolve 5" @ 2k yds on 25x, especially with your turret maxed out and holding on the bottom of the reticle to be able to hold 1/4moa accuracy. I am seriously impressed.

Dave Viers, Tom Sarver, Kirby Allen, all top notch gunsmiths, shooters, and gentlemen. And theres more where that came from.

.338 Surgeon, .375 DTA, .408 EDM