• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Top Shot on History Channel

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
Watching this now and saw that Tara Poremba from Chicago PD is on the show. I stippled a Springfield XD for her a couple years ago so she's getting my vote
wink.gif

Looks to be an interesting mix of shooters, I don't follow much on television but I'm going to try to keep an eye on this one.

Re: Top Shot on History Channel

When I started watching it Sunday night, I didn't realize it was going to be some kind of game show where people are voted off like on Survivor or something. They took some decent people and cheapened the whole thing.

I thought they were all going to shoot the same course of fire and get eliminated that way. By score only.

I may or may not watch the rest of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I started watching it Sunday night, I didn't realize it was going to be some kind of game show where people are voted off like on Survivor or something. They took some decent people and cheapened the whole thing.

I thought they were all going to shoot the same course of fire and get eliminated that way. By score only.

I may or may not watch the rest of it. </div></div>

I agree with you on that aspect of the show Victor. It's not quite what I was hoping it would be but I'll be watching to cheer her on anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I started watching it Sunday night, I didn't realize it was going to be some kind of game show where people are voted off like on Survivor or something. They took some decent people and cheapened the whole thing.

I may or may not watch the rest of it. </div></div>

Same here! I was all psyched for the show, then found out it was done in that same, tired "reality contest" format that I can't stand. Still, I watched anyway, and was seriously bored about halfway through. Too bad, this seemed to have so much promise!!

Watched the pilot rerun last night. The 'reality show' aspects cheapened the whole concept.

I'll say this clearly, I am not of sufficient caliber to be of interest to any TV producer, but even if I were, I'd pass.

I suspect the BS will sink the show long before a winner is coaxed from the ranks.

Far from denigrating the participants, I see them as worthy competitors being fed a steady ration of arbitrarily manufactured TV pseudo-drama.

I see it as <span style="font-style: italic">Top Chef</span>, only with guns.

<span style="font-style: italic">Top Chef</span> was probably more worthwhile, and the only thing missing to make this into a true clone of it is that snotty skinny babe with the cavalier attitude batting her eyes while she insults and verbally guts the contestants.

The only thing this show will do for the shooting sports will be to serve it up for ridicule as another 'reality show' debacle.

Greg

I wanted to smack the Asian guy who said the smiley face Kelly made on his practice target was offensive to him. Shut the fuck up! It's his target and his practice time and if he wanted to have fun then what's the problem? I write my name and dirty words on my paper targets all the time with my 10/22. Nothing wrong with having fun with your hobby. ^_^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Duplicate thread Nazi^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ </div></div>

I need your address.
smirk.gif