• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Top shot

everyone that approaches the rifle in the challenge gets down and starts shooting without dialing in dope. i wonder if its already dialed in for them.

Well....great editing as usual.....they just showed William
In next weeks preview....guess he won the elimination challenge....genius...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stinkyDrunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And not a single shooter used eyepro with the 338... </div></div>

Breaks my heart that an adult can't take responsibility for their actions and consciously say "fuck wearing eyepro". </div></div>

+1

Dope? We don't need no steeenkin dope! Only 1500 yds, with a fishtailing wind, at about 10knots, judging by the flags.....thought the first few did pretty good, but I didn't watch the whole thing.

Looks like this time they didn't let the other competitors watch the shooters before them. So we didn't end up with a George Reinas one shot situation.

I still watch this show. Still hate the drama but love the challenges they have them shoot.

I assumed someone dialed in the dope for them too. For never having shot that distance or not having experience judging windage, they did better than I expected.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peloton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still watch this show. Still hate the drama but love the challenges they have them shoot.

I assumed someone dialed in the dope for them too. For never having shot that distance or not having experience judging windage, they did better than I expected.

</div></div>

Most likely. If they really wanted it to be fair they should just hand them a rifle and watch them show their ass.

Otherwise what are they evaluating?

Meh.. Might be a little bit set up but could you really set through every guy telling you how he figured just how many "clicks" he had to adjust? Or even better.. Could you imagine the commentary? Oooohhhh looks like he is going for 4 mils.. No wait! 4.1 mils! Crazy! Still I would love just to go through all the stages and play with all the toys.... Lol

And if you DVR it, you get to decide whether you wanna hear all the drama in the house. I just fast forward to the shooting challenges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stinkyDrunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And not a single shooter used eyepro with the 338... </div></div>

Breaks my heart that an adult can't take responsibility for their actions and consciously say "fuck wearing eyepro". </div></div>Stupidity should be everyone's right - as long as 'taking responsibility' means paying for that stupidity.

I applaud the courage of those whose endorphin factories compel them to take death-defying risks.

So when someone wants to ride a motorcycle without a helmet I say, "That's your right." And when someone wants to free climb a 2,000 ft. vertical I say, "Go for it!" And if you want to shoot a gun without eye protection, great!

But if your stupidity costs you money, let it be your money.

(AND YES, I'M A GREAT BELIEVER IN THE COMMON SENSE APPROACH TO THE DEFINITION OF STUPIDITY.)

Too many cases where wearing eyepro saved somebody's vision or even their life, and too many cases where not wearing it cost an eyeball or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do people still watch this show? </div></div>

Too much Bull Shit drama after the season with the navy rescue diver guy. That did it for me, so I quit watching, could not stand all the backstabbing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ACE31!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do people still watch this show? </div></div>

Too much Bull Shit drama after the season with the navy rescue diver guy. That did it for me, so I quit watching, could not stand all the backstabbing. </div></div>
grin.gif
That's exactly when I quit watching. They should have changed the name to "Popular Shot."

They dialed back the BS a LOT this season. Still there, but I think they've heard the complaints from the shooting community and made some changes.

They've apparently cleaned up this year's act, as well. We noticed in the last episode that the bromance has been toned down and engagement-bracelet was removed from the elimination board.

Definitely not the place for that crap, either.

with that kind of shows where a not everything is worth watching, DVR is your best friend. You can watch all the shooting and skip the comercials and drama in less than 20 min.
gotta love technology.

Dlidn't watch the whole season but I caught the finale, I think I need to build a dueling tree. It looked like it could provided some good quality family time.

I wish for the finale that there would be a Tannerite Mishap that takes out Cody and the production crew.

Glad Chris won. Greg was really starting to drive me nuts but he does have a good attitude and is quite the sportsman.

damn I missed it, fell asleep just before the show started and woke up right after. Oh well.

75 yards with a slug benelli M4 is the most challenging thing ever? fucking retarded

...I think I need to build a dueling tree. It looked like it could provided some good quality family time.
I have a dueling tree for .22s and it is a great time. The kids and adults alike enjoy it for a change of pace when at the range. Plus, it builds skills like speed and accuracy at the same time, along with a bit of competitive pressure.

Gonna be an interesting season. We feel that this is a gargantuanly better 'firearms show' than the other fodder offered out there.

I was a big fan for the first 4 seasons so I of course watched this first episode. To my surprise I found it pretty boring. When I saw the title of All Stars, and then saw Greg "Little John" on there, I knew this was going to be a joke. I was glad to see him actually get sent home. It also seems like several of the really good shooters from the past aren't on here, while some of the lousy ones are. I'm guessing they just picked whoever was able to film around their schedule.

Then get to the challenges and I was hoping to see something new and unique, but it felt like I was watching a repeat of he same show. Looking at the previews for next week I got the same feeling. The challenge looks almost exactly like what we saw in past seasons. I was hoping to see some totally new and crazy challenges. Oh well, I hope I like the rest of the episodes better than I did this first one.

Not unlike some of the sentiments above, the 'one who was ousted first' the other night (I can't bring myself to type 'his?' name) is also one of the two who bring the most unpleasantness from the show. The other was obviously the SEAL/Ninja/SpaceShuttleDoorGunner/UFL Quarterback who fit into every unpopulated group.

But in the end, this show is actually about shooting, and activities, and various platforms that so many of us lowly civilians would practically never have a chance to encounter. Bracelet-weaving aside, there really isn't much "we can take any tire-iron and machine it into a full-auto-belt-fed-self-propelled rocket launcher for the Average George" (Don't want to piss off any actual "Joe's" here) type of thing.

Now in the end, with Frank's latest comp being as successful as it is, it is only a matter of time before THAT becomes an actual show. One that would be watched, and referenced well.

Ya go on vacation to Hawaii and miss half the season. Didn't even know it was back on. This season has been in the can for about a year. Blame History Channel for not airing it sooner. Definitely CS.

I stopped watching after season 3, has it gotten any better? Season 1 was awesome, season 2 was decent, and half way through season 3 I was so tired of drama bullshit and horrible shooting that I gave up and haven't watched since. Should I try to start watching again? From some of the posts, sounds like I'm glad I've missed most of this crap

This year is all stars (competitors from past seasons). No drama, just shooting.
The mile shot comp was fun to watch. I bet the first guy up that made the cold bore hit first try had a bit of an advantage. I bet there was a good half hour or more between contestants. He Probly had less wind and less mirage. Still a nice shot.