• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tornado victim donations, Please read.

offroadr1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2007
alabama, birmingham
If anyone is interested in sending donations to tornado victims you can send items to me and i will drop them off at centers near me. i pass about 5 near my shop everyday. if you want to send money pm me and ill find you a number to an official place, but i dont want to handle money. i spent all weekend running chainsaws in pleasant grove and i have never seen anything like this before. mile wide destruction as far as you can see in both directions. this is some of the items they are needing at this time.

displaced victims:
clothing of any kind. adults and kids.
baby wipes, toothbrushes and toiletries, water, gatorade, power bars, basically any item you might need on a daily basis. there are thousands of people who have lost everything,

for relief workers:
sun screen, water, gatorade, etc energy bars, first aid supplies, we really need chainsaw parts and consumables. there are no parts in stock anywhere near he any longer. desperately need 2 cycle mix, bar oil, 16,18,20" bars and chains.

any help is greatly appreciated. its hard to see people walking around in rubble that used to be there home just wondering where to start to keep going.

i will be making trips daily to damaged areas to help and drop off donations.

thanks all
joey

my shop address is:
joey gilbert
1520 12th street
midfield al 35228

Re: Tornado victim donations, Please read.

offroadr1, let me know if I can do anything to help. I will be traveling to Phil Campbell this weekend to help. We worked in Sipsey and Cordova this past weekend and donated every dime I had extra. I still have enough gas to travel though lol. I wasn't directly affected so I have been trying to help all I can. Didn't miss by much though. Tommy

Actually, something is telling me to help in Hackleburg instead of Phil Campbell, so thats where we are going. Let me know if I can send anything your way though, Tommy

Let me say that we went to Hackleburg and it was unbelieveable, 9 out of 10 structures were destroyed. Any help is greatly appreciated because they need all help they can get. Thanks again Tommy

sorry i havent been on to reply. spent all last week cutting trees, clearing debris and moving peoples stuff out of their homes. as stated above,any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey Joey, how are things where you are working? It was horrible in Hackleburg. It is just sad. The Wrangler company won't open back up so 150 employees will have to go elsewhere to find jobs. If you say that each person that lost their job had one child and a spouse, that is 450 people that will most likely leave Hackleburg. The population is around 1500, so a third of the population is gone. It is bad, just bad. Anybody reading this, please remember these people in your prayers and please donate anything you can to help. You can send stuff to offroadr1 or myself and it will be passed out to the families in need, personally. Thanks again to the hide and all it's wonderful supporters. Sincerely, Tommy