• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Torque screwdriver recommendation?

gymguy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2010
NC
Mounting most scopes require a torque spec on the screws that mount it. Too much torque and the scope tube is distorted or crushed, too little and the scope won't be stable. Does anyone have a good source for a torque screwdriver (20 inch pounds or so)?

Re: Torque screwdriver recommendation?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: harley_jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love my Borka. I used it for Action, bases and rings on a rifle I just finished. </div></div>

What model did you get?

I ordered the Borka MG3-SRA set from Scott at Liberty Optics yesterday.

http://www.libertyoptics.com/index1.html

The Tab gear pouch and accessories is well worth the extra $30, in my opinion, so I won't have to rob the tool box for bits and adapters.

Scott's a sponsor here, and a great guy to deal with.

I 2 went down this road, not that long ago.
I setteled on a Borka MG3 kit, with the TAB Gear pouch.

After seeing my Borka kit, fw707 orderd his.

Save your self the time, and go ahead and get a Borka kit!

LOBO 151

I just ordered a Borka kit from Scott @ Liberty. Received it in three days. Great service and a great tool with a simple straight forward design that uses a constant breaking point with increased moment arms to achieve higher torque values.

I got the Fat Wrench off Amazon.

It's adjustable up to 80 in/lbs and ships with a factory, handwritten calibration.

So far, it's served me very well, 20 in/lbs for adjusting scope rings, 55 in/lbs for the stock. I'd recommend it.

Borka is the only way to go! The quality is great and the setup is compact and easy to use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: limitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the Fat Wrench off Amazon.

It's adjustable up to 80 in/lbs and ships with a factory, handwritten calibration.

So far, it's served me very well, 20 in/lbs for adjusting scope rings, 55 in/lbs for the stock. I'd recommend it. </div></div>

I have the FAT from Amazon too. For the price, it works great. They now have the magnetic bit holder as well. However, it doesn't go to 80 in/lbs, at least mine doesn't. They go to 65 in/lb... unless you have a new version.