• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Torque setting for rings - Leupold MARK 5HD 5-25X56 ???

Carl1000

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2018
I have a Leupold MARK 5HD 5-25X56 going into a Spuhr Mount. I know Spuhr recommends 15-25 in/lbs for Ring torque. What does Leupold recomend for this scope? I can't find the answer on their website or the scope manual. Thanks for any info. ))

18 is a good starting point, but watch for the scope slipping. I have seen more scopes slip in Spuhr mounts than in all other high end mounts combined, so depending on the recoil of the rifle, you may have to go a little higher eventually. I would not start at 15 with a Spuhr mount. That would likely slip unless it is a 22LR or some 25lbs 6BR.

ILya

Reactions: Baron23
Do you have a 20 Moa on your rifle? If so, did you get the 1.18 inch Spuhr rings to mount your 5-25x56 mark 5? Is the scope bell real close or high up from the barrel? Can you send a pic so I can see how it looks on your rifle?
I have a Leupold MARK 5HD 5-25X56 going into a Spuhr Mount. I know Spuhr recommends 15-25 in/lbs for Ring torque. What does Leupold recomend for this scope? I can't find the answer on their website or the scope manual. Thanks for any info. ))

18 is a good starting point, but watch for the scope slipping. I have seen more scopes slip in Spuhr mounts than in all other high end mounts combined, so depending on the recoil of the rifle, you may have to go a little higher eventually. I would not start at 15 with a Spuhr mount. That would likely slip unless it is a 22LR or some 25lbs 6BR.

ILya
This ^^

ILya
Do you suggest another rings set up? Or are spurh rings really good?

Spuhr has a great reputation. Tons of people use these mounds with no issues. I've shot the 6.5 CM with no slippage at all.