• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Torque Tool Options Other Then Borka

77Bronc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Louisiana
I have a Borka and it does work good, but looking for other options that has the multiple inch-pound capability, accuracy?
Seekonk makes great tools, I have a dedicated single setting Seekonk for my LMT MWS barrel locking system, 140 in-pounds, that is very accurate.

But if I add up all of the settings I need, will take about $700 to $1000 in Seekonk tools.

I have seen some YouTube videos with people using a screwdriver styled torque tool, just can't identify.

Thanks,

I have a Snap-on/CDI and I find the numbers very hard to read thus it is hard to be certain it is set properly.

Why not just a regular old clicker type torque wrench. I have two from Snap On. One for very low torque settings and one for the higher settings. Never had a problem.

I like the Wiha drivers for smaller values, up to 50 or so. Much beyond that, a T-handle works a lot better.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/1d20eafd/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Just got one for my birthday from my wife. Mac tools makes two that are styled like a screwdriver in 1/4 inch drive. The one I have goes from 16 - 88 inch pounds. It's awesome for bolt guns. Won't do the lmt barrels though. The best part is it will free wheel when it reaches the set torque, not just click and keep going if your not paying attention.

Sears model 31423, 25 to 250 inch Lb 3/8 in drive! Great price!

I have 1 similar and it works and ya just need a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter some of the time plus Sears can get them calibrated for ya if ya mess up and drop it ! Warranty hard to beat range is also not too bad!

Last edited:
I also use a wheeler FAT WRENCH. it works great.

I suppose it's better than nothing, but I certainly wouldn't call it a precision instrument. The one I had was pretty bad.

Sears model 31423, 25 to 250 inch Lb 3/8 in drive! Great price!

I have 1 similar and it works and ya just need a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter some of the time plus Sears can get them calibrated for ya if ya mess up and drop it ! Warranty hard to beat range is also not too bad!

I have one of those in addition to my Wiha drivers. It's pretty good on stocks, but obviously a bit much for scope work. Most torque wrenches aren't as accurate at the extreme ends of their range.

+1 for the Wheeler, I use mine all the time. Currently looking for a larger ft. Lbs torque wrench

I would really encourage those that are using the Wheeler FAT wrench to test yours against something of known accuracy. As I said in an earlier post, the one I had was absolutely terrible. No consistency whatsoever. It is entirely possible that the vast majority are fine, but I sure wouldn't count on it at that price point.

I've tested my Wheeler against my Borka and they seemed very close in my tests up to the limit of the Wheeler. I also have 3 Snap-On torque wrenches for the bigger stuff.Who knows, if there's enough demand, maybe Boris will make a larger version of the Borka system?

I tested my Wheeler FAT vs another in-lb wrench and it was dead on. Maybe that means both wrenches are off though...

Another vote for Wiha. I have a Wheeler FAT and it works, but the Wiha is just so much more well made, that there isn't really a comparison. It's apples to oranges (economy versus uber precision and feel).

Another vote for Wiha. I have a Wheeler FAT and it works, but the Wiha is just so much more well made, that there isn't really a comparison. It's apples to oranges (economy versus uber precision and feel).

As an owner of Wiha, Seekonk and Borka, and former owner of Wheeler FAT, I'd absolutely agree. We tend to be a group of "buy once cry once" advocates in most areas relating to guns and scopes, so I would advocate the same in this case. No way I'd risk a scope, rings or stripped receiver over a price difference that amounts to a couple of boxes of ammo.