• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Torquing tool options

I use a Wheeler Fat Wrench but ive been meaning to get wet with a "real" tq wch in inches from either snap op or Tekton

Reactions: Badfinger
136E7834-D301-4DB7-B449-47BEC9591AEC.gif

Oh. You said “torque.” My bad. See post #2 ??

Fix It Sticks. If you’re an AI kinda’ guy they even have a 49 in. lb. torque module for the quick lock screw.

I have been using a fat wrench at the range if need and a Matco 1/4 torque wrench at home.

Fix-It-Stick. Full kit. Got mine a few months ago. Diggin em

Fix it sticks. I have 6” for turret screws, 15” for vector barrel, 25” for spuhr ring screws, 45” for spuhr base, 49” for AI barrel, and 65” for action screws.

No twisting a fat wrench and getting close. Just put the limiter you want and go, in a very compact kit.

Reactions: long range sponge
Got a set of Fix-it Sticks a couple of weeks ago and they work great. Compact enough to carry in my range bag and easy to use. I highly recommend them.
Phil G

I use Fix It Sticks. I have 20, 25, 35, 45, 49, 55, 65, and 80 in/lbs limiters for an assortment of rifles.

I used to use a wheeler, first the magnet holding the bit fell out then it felt like something internally galled.
I now keep the borka kit in my range bag. I’m definitely not as consistent with it as the dial or click type however when needed it does the job and is a great little compact package.

At home I use a proto dial 0-75in-lb and snap on click type 20-150in-lb for the small stuff.

For portability, as mentioned fix it sticks or the borka. Although the wheeler and most other options really are not that big.

If you search e bay you will find all kinds of options, even some that come with a certificate of calibration. It just depends what you are looking for

Capri torque screwdriver. Use it for many other things. Still small enough for range bag but not in hunting pack

Anybody remember this. It was a good deal until they went high end. A bunch of us bought them cheap.

Reactions: Average guy
If you get bored, here are a ton of options

I like seekonk, I found a really good deal on a 65 in lb one on e bay also. Here are a ton of them, just need to sort through all the options.

I bought the same kit at Menards’s under the Mastercraft brand. I mean it’s identical. I have no complaints. One upgrade for any torque wrench is a dedicated set of bits for torquing only.

I've been surfing around and I can find the same set under different brand names. I did end up supplementing the bits as well. To be honest I usually don't check for torque. It is a little overrated.

Reactions: Average guy
I got the Gearwrench version of an OTC 3383-25, which is an electronic, adjustable torque wrench designed for valve stems on TPMS sensors. Couldn't argue with it for like $60, it's adjustable from lower than you could want to go to as high as you could need unless you're torquing on a barrel.

It's probably overkill, but it's cheap, decent quality, and at least it's less overkill in my toolbox than it is in its intended use torquing down one kind of fastener that doesn't really require adjusting.

Fix it sticks. Some folks did a group buy on here a while ago. Better value than the Wheeler torque wrench that I have and it is a full set of tools to fix your gun. Love it.

I've been surfing around and I can find the same set under different brand names. I did end up supplementing the bits as well. To be honest I usually don't check for torque. It is a little overrated.
I torque out of habit. But this is a great tool. I do religiously torque my scope based and rings

Without going through and reading every post, does anyone have a part # or link for a long bit for MPA chassis action screws? Being recessed deep into the chassis no Borka or Fix-It Stick will fit. I need an extended bit

Without going through and reading every post, does anyone have a part # or link for a long bit for MPA chassis action screws? Being recessed deep into the chassis no Borka or Fix-It Stick will fit. I need an extended bit
Craftsman 6-piece hex bit standard SAE driver socket set, model # 42606. You'll also need a 1/4" socket adapter for your torque wrench.

Reactions: Casey_H
At home, an actual no-shit 1/4" drive torque wrench. At the range or in the field, fix-it-sticks.