• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tostitos bowl is insane

Re: Tostitos bowl is insane

Yeah, this game has been really fun to watch. Luck isn't exciting to watch to be honest. But he just keeps going down the field, doesn't look as sexy a QB as the media is hyping him to be...

He is definitely good, but not very exciting. More of a Phil Sims less of a John Elway.

I think the broadcaster said it best, "He just bores you with completions and efficiency."

You would think with all these games coming down to a feild goal that the top teir teams would recruite and give a kick a scholarship!

Most of the kickers are walk-ons!

Crazy game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shades of Alabama LSU</div></div>

Except with scoring...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shades of Alabama LSU</div></div>

Except with scoring... </div></div>

Um.... talking about the two missed field goals.

Great game. The kicker has got to hate his life right now after both of those misses.

BTW most starting kickers are recruited and on a scholarship.

Give the Stanford kicker a break, he is a freshman.

Oh and...

GO POKES!!

Man, put the Stanford kid on suicide watch. I feel bad for him, but OSU played a hell of a game.

I'm a Gundy OSU fan. I have to give Stanford props they played a damn good game. I expected the Cowboys to stomp them hard. This was a very good game. I don't quite think Luck is the qb that OSU has but we will see where they go in the draft, and how long they last in the NFL. I think that is the only real measure.

I'm an OU fan all the way, but I was pulling for the Pokes on this one. Great job Cowboys...thought I'd never say that. Lets see Alabama/LSU put up these kind of numbers, or lack there of. Oh wait, we already did. It was the most boring game ever, unless you were a commentator boosting the ratings for the SEC. It was the wonderful defense that kept the game to field goal attempts only. Yeah Right!! In my opinion this game(OSU/Stanford) was the National Championship Game. Just sayin', not trying to offend any of you SEC guys on here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greyshirts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my opinion this game(OSU/Stanford) was the National Championship Game.</div></div>

OSU is a top tier team, but I think stating that this was the NC game is a bit ludicrous.

1. Stanford lost to Oregon by 23 (53-30) points.
2. Oregon lost to LSU by 13 (40-27).
3. Alabama lost to LSU by 3 in OT after 4 missed FGs.
4. Oklahoma State lost to unranked ISU
5. OSU's schedule wasn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Texas was a 5 loss team. Texas A&M was ranked 8 when they played them in week 2, they squeaked by 30-29 and then A&M lost 6 games (one of them to Arkansas).

While OSU is a good team, I recommend that their fans step away from the crack pipe for a couple moments and realize that if they dealt with the defense presented by LSU and Alabama they wouldn't score more than 10-14. If LSU or bama dealt with OSU's defense the score would be extremely lopsided because their secondary, and even their line if Stanford is any indication, is weak by top tier team standards.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greyshirts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm an OU fan all the way, but I was pulling for the Pokes on this one. Great job Cowboys...thought I'd never say that. Lets see Alabama/LSU put up these kind of numbers, or lack there of. Oh wait, we already did. It was the most boring game ever, unless you were a commentator boosting the ratings for the SEC. It was the wonderful defense that kept the game to field goal attempts only. Yeah Right!! In my opinion this game(OSU/Stanford) was the National Championship Game. Just sayin', not trying to offend any of you SEC guys on here. </div></div>

I get it your an OSU fan, that's quite alright. Nothing wrong with being a fan. But being totally delusional and thinking you witnessed the National Championship with that game is quite far fetched.

I'm an OU fan all the way, I just think the Pokes played like a #1 team. It was a great game, no need for name calling and getting all defensive. Honestly, LSU is extremely deserving of where they are. They have outstanding athletes and the record to support it. However, I hate their coach and for that I dislike the team in general. Alabama on the other hand which I like, has excellent athletes and a great coach. However, they didn't even play for their own conference championship and I question why they are #2. I will be rooting for Alabama on this one, ROLL TIDE!!

Definitely not a NC game. Stanford just doesn't have the athletes all over the field like some of the other teams in the ncaa. Im a huge pac 12 fan (usc and stanford), but stanford would get destroyed in the sec (and I HATE the sec). Stanfords lack of of athletes was exploited big time by oregon and their secondary by osu's receiver (forgot his name). Keep watching stanford, they got a red shirt freshman, kelsey young, coming up, he's a special kid. I coached him in high school last year. Hrs from the same school as Toby.

And Luck boring? Thats a pocket qb for ya. Ill takes that any day over a runner...

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greyshirts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> However, they didn't even play for their own conference championship and I question why they are #2. </div></div>

Well I guess thats a fact that they share with OSU then. If Alabama is penalized for not "playing" in their conference championship then thats a penalty OSU gets to share with them because their conference doesn't even have one to "play" in. Big 12 fans seem to forget that pushing their season back a week doesn't make it a championship.

And as far as OSU playing like number 1. Their offense did play a great game but the number one team in the country allows their defense to travel to bowl games.