• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing totalled the truck today. bummer!

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Went testing. Busy intersection/construction zone. I'm at a complete stop. Big CAT loader in front of me (also stopped) decides to jam it into reverse. Big crunch, pieces flying, and one suddenly very pale looking HE operator.

Soooo we go truck shopping here soon.

Poor guy. The owner got a real nice fat piece of his ass when he got there. Not to mention the "Statie" once he ran him for warrants. . .

Nothing like watching a truck being shoved up the ass of a loader. Kinky.

Ugh. . .

Re: totalled the truck today. bummer!

No contest eh. I used to run a 950 and a 980. They don't make a truck that's a
    match for one. Glad you weren't hurt.

You should get paid...

I wanted to grab my neck and scream "what about my kids. . " as I fell out the truck, but I would have blown it by laughing before I even blurted the first syllible. I guess I should carry a neck brace in the glove box from now on.
    smile.gif

We'll see what happens. They are anxious to close the matter quietly.

Glad you're OK!!

Got any pictures??

Wow, just the visual image is awesome. Glad you made it out and are able to tell the story.

I would have had to clean out my pants. Somehow, this reminds me of something I saw once in Dallas. A pickup changed lanes right where a motorcyclist was minding his own business and knocked his bike over. He had to hop off to avoid being crushed. The truck driver looked mighty surprised when the guy took off his helmet and hucked it against the right-side window.

More importantly, did the rifles shoot?

I got hit from behind in Houston, headed to Florida to pick up a travel trailer to replace the house that got flooded in Hackberry. The truck that hit me ( at a dead stop in traffic ) knocked me into a 8000 mile 1972 Challenger on a car carrier. Hit it so hard, it bent the trailer tongue and folded up the whole ass end of that beautiful car. It was on the way to an auction, starting price of $150,000. Two guys towing it get out, VERY pissed, screaming at me. The guy that hit me gets out " Oh man I'm sorry, it's my bosses truck, the trailer brakes aren't hooked up and I was looking for something on the floor, never hit the brakes till I hit you".

I said - point at the other two guys - "these guys wanna talk to you"!!!! That company had good insurance I guess, still didn't total my F250 though.

Glad you're OK - that had to be kinda spooky seeing that thing come back at you! Were all the rifles OK???

Sry i missed your phone call today. call me when ever you get a chance. Your message sounded like bad new, but its news so im excited.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember a story over the radio while in Vegas...some guy at work lost it and was rampant in a coal mine size bulldozer. drove over cars and killed a few people...but SWAT dropped him.

That was quite a while ago...</div></div>
    Similar situation happend here in I think the early 90's except I think this guy was drunk and tore through town in like a D11. It was just in the newspaper here not to long ago talking about the 20 year anniversery of it.

Was it the old Chevy you have that got cruched or the Blazer?

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Working in the pipeline construction field I've seen pickups smashed by dozers and a few cabs taken off by swinging excavators.

Wow... Seems like that could have gone super-badly. A dozer coulda climbed right on top of your truck, smashing you.

Glad to hear no injuries!

Did the statie find a warrant or two? Did the operator get to visit jail?

Yeah, Chad (aka Sleepy) no pictures then it really did not happen!!
    Glad you did not get hurt.

Buckshot

Killdozer, that is called a Colorado disgruntled customer. His 50 shot great though.

So, are you advertising your rifles as CAT-proof now?

Make damn sure your ok before you sign any release of libilty papers. Jsut saying some things can start hurting later after a wreck only you know how bad you got popped when he hit your truck.

Fun fact. Pay your deductible and settle the vehicle with your auto insurance provider for just the vehicle. Then they will get that $ and your deductible from the at fault parties insurance without you releasing them from liability. No rush on releasing them from liability, but you will be into that new truck.

My friend had the front end of his car run over by a tractor trailer making too sharp of a turn. He pulled up to a stop light and was stopped. He took a swig of his morning coffee to see a truck trying to make a yellow light / sharp turn his direction. He said the cab made it and all but the last set of wheels that ran up and over the hood of his car. It really flattened his card but good. He said it happened quickly but was like slo-mo watching it and no place to move to.

Glad only your vehicle got hammered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, are you advertising your rifles as CAT-proof now?</div></div>

I just had remembered the video of the truck parked on a Manners stock. Tell ya what Chad. Make a stock that can do the same with a CAT and you will have the "stock" market in your pocket.