• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Totally bummed out: Dillon trimmer toasted

Cascade Precision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
Klamath Falls, OR
Yep, had this trimmer for 2 years. Only trimmed MAYBE 2500 cases and the freaking thing took a crap today. Checked it out, and it smoked a couple wires in the winding. Junk and pissed.

Called Dillon. Do you know these only have a 1 year warrant? And a replacement trimmer motor is $180? Know how many cases I can buy for $200? Just about as many as I have ever trimmed.

What in the hell do I do now? I still have 2500 cases to do, and I refuse (read: too lazy) to hand trim that many cases.

So, I am going to be soaked for the $200. Is the Giraud really worth the extra $225? (they are $425 on their website)

What options does a guy have? Is there an option I have overlooked? I trim 223 and 308, so I guess I need a trimmer that will do both.

Thanks,

Wally

Re: Totally bummed out: Dillon trimmer toasted

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Giraud really worth the extra $225?</div></div>

Yes.

Possum Hollow Kwick Case Trimmer

I did 700 cases of 223 in about an hour the other day. Works great. Just chuck it in a drill and go to town. The Giraud trimmer is on my want list, but it is at the bottom of a really long list right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Giraud really worth the extra $225?</div></div>

Yes.</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Giraud really worth the extra $225?</div></div>

Yes.</div></div>

+1 </div></div>

+2