• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Touching story for dog owners

Ultraman550

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
Utah
Anybody see this story about a man named John and his dog of 20 years named Shcoep? Rescued at 8 months old from an abusive owner, Schoep was cared for by John Unger of Bayfield, WI. As Schoep grew older his arthritis began to take a toll on his body and in August of 2012 John was ready to put him down. Local photographer Hannah Stonehouse Hudson snapped a photo of Unger and his pup wading together in Lake Superior. Unger would regularly take Schoep into the water because it was therapeutic for his arthritic body. Shoep falls asleep every night when he is carried by his father into the lake. The buoyancy of the water soothes his arthritic bones. This picture was posted on face book and created a huge buzz amongst people throughout the world. People began to donate gifts to Unger and with the money he received he was able to give Shcoep the medical help needed to ease his pain. Shcoep turned 20 years old on June 15, 2013 and sadly enough passed away on July 17.

Attachments

• Schoep.jpg
    Schoep.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Touching story for sure. A good dog could teach most humans all about the word loyalty IMO.

Yep, there's nothing like a dogs unwavering loyalty. I've had dogs all my life of all kinds. You can learn a lot from a dog if you pay close attention. There much smarter than most people I know!

Damn, that nit a nerve. Had to put my 17 yr old jack russle down thursday. Loved him more than most people.

I concur. My 2 labs are there no matter what. They are my 3 year old daughters best friends. I prefer the company of animals to 99% of the general public.

I've had a dog of some kind since I was a little boy. I'm now in my 60's and still have a Black Lab & American Bulldog snoring about 6 feet from me.

No matter how broke you are or where you live, your dog will love you.

And the true test, lock your wife or girlfriend in the boot of your car with your dog, after one hour open the boot and see which one is more pleased to see you.

I wish I could be as good of a man as my dog thinks I am. Few humans have the ability to love so completely and without reservationas a dog can, or to be as loyal as a dog is.

One of my favorite pictures is of a cartoon dog and the caption reads something like "I aspire to be the kind of person my dog thinks that I am" referring to their unlimited and unwavering admiration for their owners.

If anyone tries to insult me by calling me a dog, it doesn't work, because I think of it as high praise. It would mean:
1. I am extremely loyal.
2. I have an amazing capacity to love.
3. I am able to truly forgive, and continue loving.
4. I am tenacious.
5. I accept my friends completely and without reservation.
6. I don't steal the towels at hotels. (but I will steal your sandwich if you leave it alone too long and leave the room)
7. When my friend says you are "OK," that is good enough for me.
8. I never pass up an opportunity to play, sleep or eat.

This list could go on and on, but I'm sure you all get the idea.