• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Toyota Land Cruiser

IMG_7916.jpeg

On my second 4Runner. First one had 220K on it and only was in the shop for routine maintenance. Currently have a 2018 TRD Pro with 178K on it and only have done scheduled maintenance on it. Its simple and love it since there is less stuff to go wrong with it. The only downside is the 4.0L V6 looses power at altitude (9,000 ft+) Just came back from a fly fishing trip in the San Juans and drove the Rio Grande Reservoir Rd from Creede to Silverton. Lots of very rough sections through scree and no issue whatsoever although I did manage to tear the crap out of my right slider and will be fabricating new ones this weekend.. Plan on getting the 2024 TRD Pro as soon as they are available.
What sliders? Self built?

….drove the Rio Grande Reservoir Rd from Creede to Silverton. Lots of very rough sections through scree and no issue whatsoever although I did manage to tear the crap out of my right slider…..

Stony Pass - justly named!

Enjoying this thread - noodling around with an ‘07 FJ we got for my daughter’s first ride. She finally let me repossess it when she graduated and got a job. Always thought about a LC when our nest emptied, but this lifted Lexus idea is interesting.

I had a Trooper...was a beast. My wife described the driving experience as "an elephant on stilts" LOL. But for the time, it was pretty advanced with coil spring rear suspension instead of antiquated leaf springs. The worst part of it was the location of the alternator...down low under all the other belt driven accessories. I had to replace two of them during the 5 years I had it, just too much exposure to water etc. Finally sold it off when the front cross member rotted out.
Mine has zero rust

My LC cousin, the mighty FJ. She's an '07 with 216k miles on her. I've been tough on this beast, lots of hard trails. 3" suspension lift, 33" KO2s gets the job done and I've rarely needed to winch out of a tough spot. Love me some Toyota!

Also, for the Toyota purists here, I did paint the headlight bezel white to be old school. Why Toyota did not do that from the factory is disappointing.

FJ2.jpg

Avoid the Lexus versions unless you like the idea of replacing expensive components at the cost of comfort and luxury.

I had a J200 for a little while, but found the T4R Trail Edition was a lot cheaper to maintain and easier to find parts for. VERY dependable overall. It's also built on a Tacoma truck frame, and the TE has the LC's KDSS (easy to lift 2.5", the SR5 can be lifted higher more easily).

My complaint is the gearing. Takes a little while to get used to, but I'm getting over 18MPG on average (I have a lead foot 50% of the time). I also towed 7800lbs with it cross-country lol (trans cooler is highly advised towing heavy loads in the summer).

Reactions: Bender
My LC cousin, the mighty FJ. She's an '07 with 216k miles on her. I've been tough on this beast, lots of hard trails. 3" suspension lift, 33" KO2s gets the job done and I've rarely needed to winch out of a tough spot. Love me some Toyota!

Also, for the Toyota purists here, I did paint the headlight bezel white to be old school. Why Toyota did not do that from the factory is disappointing.

View attachment 8216657
I’ve always thought those were super cool and underrated. If thay came with a manual transmission I would have one.

Reactions: MtnGhost
Check out the 2ng Gen Sequoia w the 5.7

You get more ground clearance out of the gate and at that trim level you still get all the LC goodies.

The lower trim Sequoias don’t stack up to the LC
The Sequoia frame is VERY weak. I'd be real careful trying to take one off road.

Friend installed that unit on his 4Runner and made a huge difference.
The canned tunes they have are pretty dang good with no reduction in reliability. If you are outside of CA you can tune them hotter with some additional supporting mods

If you want more info on the LC/LX, I would visit the Ih8mud forum.

only thing i really don’t like is the infotainment system. No CarPlay (not the biggest deal) but the whole climate/audio integration is kind of a pain.

Before going all gangbusters, try it out and see it works for you. They are plenty capable stock

Here’s mine:
* King suspension
* Rock warrior wheels
* Bud built sliders and full skid plates
* LRA 24 gallon Extra fuel tank
* On board air

IMG_6773.jpeg

Stony Pass - justly named!

Enjoying this thread - noodling around with an ‘07 FJ we got for my daughter’s first ride. She finally let me repossess it when she graduated and got a job. Always thought about a LC when our nest emptied, but this lifted Lexus idea is interesting.
Been over many times and this year was especially rough due to the hard winter. The section through Timber Hill was the worst I have ever seen.

I’ve always thought those were super cool and underrated. If thay came with a manual transmission I would have one.

Good news, it did have a manual! The first one I drove was a buddy's, it was manual and I fell in love with it. The manual has worse fuel economy though.

• Love
I’m in the same boat been thinking about replacing my tacoma with an suv and the Gx looks really nice. Too bad the landcruiser79 isn’t sold here because it looks cool as hell for an off-road utility type truck:

754072DF-A87B-424C-9DB7-24367FEE7163.jpeg

Reactions: CE1371
Still comparing the GX vs LC. If you are looking at price the GX is a clear winner, hands-down.
What to do, what to do…

$25k????? For a 2008? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

I LOATHE the Toyota tax. Lol this is why I drive the Trooper.

I made a deal with my wife that we’d import a 70 series in 2032 (when the 2007 w/ 4.5l diesel v8 is US legal). Just nine more years 🥲
I’m waiting to do this to a diesel G class Merc
I don’t know who’s worse. Toyota sluts or Jeep whores. And I’ve owned both lmao!
Any brand of vehicle will have their obnoxious cunt followers who think their favorite rolling shitbox is the end-all, be-all