• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes tps products

Re: tps products

You're only finding this out now?

Good luck.

I like their products and have a rail and 5 sets of rings, but their CS pretty much blows.

Happy trails, Chris

Yeah,

Had good luck with their products but their customer service is horrible and that's being nice.

Prolly too busy with their tps reports

frown.gif

tps rings work fine. I have 3 sets of them. I bought them from bigrivertactical IIRC.

-dan

"Prolly too busy with their tps reports"

Did no one get the reference here? Well Done. I have used about four different sets of their rings, in fact I won't use anything else anymore. CS blows but fortunately I've never needed it. Main issue with them is finding them in stock somewhere..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gman762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats up with these folks? they don't answer their phone or emails. </div></div>

Spend your hard earned coin elsewhere. On two different orders, they lost both, sent wrong rail on first, say they never received order number two but took my money. BBB, Oregon AG and small claims court were not worth recouping my $68 other than to prove a point.

Daily emails and phone messages for two weeks never got a response back. I finally got in touch with some guy named Phil who was reported to me that he was the owner but he told me he was a consultant and the actual owner of TPS was aware of my issue but still did not contact me.

The product was not all that impressive; one ring was very well made, the other had loads of milling marks showing metal, rail had unfinished edge with burs that cut my fingers.

Opinions vary but if you are asking this question about contact, you already know the outcome with TPS.

About two years ago I tried to buy a set of their rings. I was given the runaround for weeks. Out and out lied to on more than one occasion.
I finally said "#@*&% this" and took my business elsewhere. For the life of me I don't see how they stay in business.

Danny

I've never had a problem with their products. Check at Big River Tactical or other dealers who sell them. The last set I bought I found on GunBroker.com from a dealer who had a good selection of TPS rings in stock.

FWIW I have had nothing but excellent service from them. The rings I have (3 sets) have been free from defect.

I had a 34mm set that was perfect, worked great. next 30mm set had blems on the corners but otherwise worked fine. once I made contact about returns my calls and emails went unanswered.

I have about 9 sets of Tactical Precision rings, both aluminum and steel, both 1" and 30mm. They are excellent quality and value. I buy from Brownells and have never had an issue about service or return hassle.

I sold 3 sets of Badger ord rings after getting my first couple of sets of TPS. You can spend more and not have equal quality.

i have 3 sets, all fine quality. the lady there was always pleasant to deal with. now i am trying to set up my son's rifle for school and i can't get ahold of these people.

I just got a set and they actually look flawless to me. I don't think I'll ever need their customer service, I hope. I know a lot of guys wonder why they can't find them in stock from the factory but I think it's because they send all the inventory to places like Brownells and Big River Tactical. I'm no expert but I swear they look perfect, so far anyway.

Wish I could help on the CS issues, but I guess I've been lucky, they've always answered my questions on my orders witin a day or two. My bases and rings have been here within a week after order and the quality hasn't lacked a thing.

I've had good luck with them. Only product I wasn't happy with was a 20moa rail for a Savage Accutrigger that was bowed. I contacted them, sent mine back and had its replacement in a very timely fashion.

I'll go back to my new desk in the basement now to play with my stapler.......

Why give your money to a company that doesnt give a shit about you?

Buy from a company that stands behind their products, and gives a damn about their customers satisfaction!!! BUY SEEKINS!!!!

Every TPS item I have had (2 bases & 4 sets of rings) has been flawless. Yes, CS has has major issues but, other than ordering, I have yet to need them. I also buy from Brownells and check stock before I buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why give your money to a company that doesnt give a shit about you?

Buy from a company that stands behind their products, and gives a damn about their customers satisfaction!!! BUY SEEKINS!!!! </div></div>

Because in '03 I knew nothing of Glen and his products. When my TPS's fail I will probably buy seekins, but I doubt holding one's breath until then would be a good idea..........

The guys at Seekins absolutely rock. The guys at Badger Ordnance bent over backwards to replace a set of rings that I had personally screwed up. I mean, I was a real dip-shit in over torqueing the rings. With the excellent customer service available, why not take your business to Seekins or Badger instead?

http://www.seekinsprecision.com

http://www.badgerordnance.com/productgroup.php?id=rings

Triad Tactical is an outstanding stocking dealer of Badger Ordnance rings and bases. Triad also has <span style="font-weight: bold">EXCELLENT</span> customer service!

http://triadtactical.com/?mainURL=/store/category/e54p/Badger_Ordnance.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...The guys at Badger Ordnance bent over backwards to replace a set of rings that I had personally screwed up. I mean, I was a real dip-shit in over torqueing the rings. l</div></div>

How did you over-torque the 1/2" bolt on a set of Badger Rings? Use a foot pounds torque value?
Break off the cap screws?

Good luck with an IOR scope if you tighten the ring cap over 15 inch pounds. You get a crimped scope tube from not reading their directions, you are just screwed.

I understand Seekins has few dealers, and sells direct; but Badger? Didn't know TPS sold their rings direct, but I've always gone through Brownells. Brownells does sell Badger; also Farrell Industries which once was highly touted around The Hide. Warne is very high on my list for quality. I have scratched too many scope tubes to ever use a QRW Leupold again. Warne Tacticals are superb! Smith Enterprises is also GTG. NightForce gear is also excellent, even if their base-bridge is a bit skimpy on metal.

You want THE BEST THERE IS? Try NEAR Manufacturing for a scope base or rings. Richard Near is a genius machinist and guarantees his gear to be within .0002" of perfection. I had a Badger base that was about 005" out from zero, when left and right sides were compared on a high quality Mitutoyo digital caliper. If your rings are canted sideways when they are positioned against the slot's recoil lug, accuracy is real problematic.

Badger and Seekins are pets around here. There are plenty of fine gear manufacturers. All the TPS stuff I have bought has proven first-class.

Have no contact with them so no opinion on their customer service. Have one set TPS rings which are great, big massive steel with all the right moving parts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why give your money to a company that doesnt give a shit about you?</div></div>

Say it brother, can not even get a simple order right or keep track of an order, let alone even answer their phones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Buy from a company that stands behind their products, and gives a damn about their customers satisfaction!!! BUY SEEKINS!!!! </div></div>

I used wrong bit to install one of my base torx, kind of rounded it slightly until I said whoa, whats up. My mistake as the bit was put into the wrong spot in my tool tray, I grabbed and used without checking. Glenn offered to send me new torxs without me even asking. My screw up and he offers to help a brother out. I would and will pay extra for Seekins. Now days, customer service likes this is rare.

tps always ship their rings with an extra torx screw for those that may need it. i have extras if you would like to buy one!

I got my TPS rings at Big River Tactical, I had excellent CS and they recommended the TPS rings because they were out of the XTR rings in the size I needed. I am very happy with them.

I have said this before on here but if TPS could get their issues taken care of, they could be an awesome company with tons of potential. Sounds like they just need some dedicated folks that have the time to spend at the shop.

I still like this stuff and will continue to use it if I can find it. I have pretty much decided that I will never try and use their web site again. Too many problems and I never find what I need in stock. My hopes are that they get their issues ironed out and get back on track. Good luck Phil!

if you call tps @ 877-877-3409 and go to extension 701 you will speak to lori she will take care of you. i just recieved a new set of rings. they are awesome and no flaws just like the first 3 sets i have ordered. there was no defects or any long waits. and when i called tps just a few minutes ago, lori answered the phone. any way, their products are awesome and i would advise their rings to any one.