• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TPS rings

huntall

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Show Me State
I purchased a set of TPS-TSR 30mm rings. I also have a Sightron Slll 6x24x50 30mm tube that I was going to mount in the tps rings. When I set the scope in the rings I noticed that the rings seemed to tight for the scope and would probably leave ring markes on the scope. Has anyone had a problem similar to this with TPS rings? This scope fits fine in my Leupold mark 4 rings.
Thanks
Huntall

Re: TPS rings

I have never had TPS rings leave a mark on scopes that are spec diameter. I have several NXS scopes in TPS rings. Check your scope with calipers?

I have run TPS rings with my Nightforce with no problems.
Check your OD on the Sightron

I am running three sets of tps on night force scopes and a Leupold scope and so far they fit perfect with out lapping. My scopes are easy to set cant with with rings bareley tightened down, there is no binding like with some rings I have used.

No problems here. May want to look into the mounting instructions as I know that they lock down differantly that other rings by tightening down one side first!??

I have found that w/ some scopes. I have used several pairs of TPS and have had no issues. When the few scopes I found being too tight for the rings (I assume you mean too tight to fit properly in the bottom section) it was b/c of the finish on the scope was making it slightly oversized. You can try a diff scope to verify. I ususally ended up pushing the scope down in and had no to very little ring marks in the end.

I have TPS-TSR 30mm low rings on my US Optics scope and fit and finish is perfect but as with all machined products sometimes a bad one gets through quality control, check everything with calipers and call TPS customer service. Also make sure your mounting marks on the rings line up there are two dash marks on top and bottom of the rings and they have to be on the same side.

I had the rings off the base and was just trying to mount the bottom half of the rings on the scope and the scope needed extra force to push into the base. 30mm=1.181" the scope measured 1.180"=29.9mm and the bottom half of the ring measured 1.174". I ended up mounting the scope and rings to the gun but I bet it will have some type of ring marks.
Thanks
Huntall

I bought 2 pairs so far.
The first one from Brownells a med height aluminum 30mm TSR. Fit perfectly.
Bought 2nd pair directly from TPS. Steel ultra low 30mm. That pair too small. Scope can't even sit in it. Took pictures, email and phone them and got anther pair fits perfectly as my first pair.
I think the ring should be at least 0.001" to 0.002" larger than the scope OD.

I've had a pair that did ring a Bushnell 3200 10x. I always lap my rings too.