• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TR stock?

max47

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2010
iowa
I bought a 93r17 FV before the TR came out. Does anyone know where I can buy a similar stock( missed out on the Boyd's deal) I tried to call savage to see if they would sell just the stock, but they were closed for an annual shutdown or something like that. Has anyone called them to see if they would sell them and how much?

Re: TR stock?

Boyd's will probably make another run of them in the short future I would assume. The last ones they made sold out in a few weeks.

just be careful, the boyds stocks are weak and have NO good material to bed to. the action screws need to be very very lightly torqued...or you WILL crack the bottom of the stock. ask me how i know

The Boyds stocks are very thin near the front hole. That's one of the reasons I didn't mind fabricating a magazine plate after Savage sent two incorrect ones. The one I made was twice as thick as the Savage parts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Boyds stocks are very thin near the front hole. That's one of the reasons I didn't mind fabricating a magazine plate after Savage sent two incorrect ones. The one I made was twice as thick as the Savage parts. </div></div>

can you post a picture?

the mag plate is STUPID thin on mine...when my stock let go (front was at 15in/lbs and was doing the rear) the rear pulled down and the front pulled up...and bent the hell out of the mag plate and broke the wood there. the front piece of wood is VERY thin.

There are a few posts on RFC that show how to make bedding pillars for the action screws to help with this issue.