Trail Cam Thread

BullGear

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2017
Hazzard County
Better food has popped up somewhere. Are acorns falling? Ag crops maturing or being harvested?? Where do you live???
Can't say the weather has changed much, just a little cooler. No acorns on the ground on my property, but I can't say for the 400 acres behind my house. No crops anywhere near me, just woods. Mid Atlantic state.

This happens every year. 1 week before the season opens, the entire population of deer move away. I keep feed out for them, but they walk away from what they know is a sure meal. I mean I don't even get the yearlings to stay around. This big 9 pointer usually walks around with a 6 pointer and he's gone too. I have a group of 5-6 does, who come around and they're gone.

It's frustrating. Because of health issues, I can't get around well enough to get deep into the woods, so I'd like to be able to take one on my own property. I'm not giving up hope. I'll keep the corn out and see what happens. I can actually hunt from my patio or deck. So it's easy to keep the crossbow ready. They usually show up around dusk of shortly after.

Wish me luck!

Reactions: SkyScrapin

WB300

Cranky Yankee
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2011
GA
The October lull. Very common but no one knows why for sure. Magazine experts suggest change in feeding habits brought on by weather cooling. I was hoping you could help with confirmation. I'm about to hunt PA 1st week in Oct. Usually when I do this, all those summer bucks on camera are nowhere to be seen. I'll be trying the white oaks this year.

SanPatHogger

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
Hogs have been out heavy the last week. Couple cold fronts and a bunch of rain lets them come out of all the holes.
Camera in on the tree between the gate and the big tree. Coyote following the hogs
IMG_0108.jpgIMAG0328.jpeg
IMAG0340.jpeg

Anb618

Rear Admiral
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2017
No sign of my monster from last year yet. We had a relatively mild winter, so I hope he made it. Seeing a few spikes, forks, basket racks, and one decent but young 8 on camera. For some reason, my property doesn’t see much for summertime mature buck activity, but when the Rut hits I usually end up seeing 2-3 nice mature deer chasing does through that I’ve never seen before. Just waiting for October 1st...
F541F428-F719-4CCB-B501-680E124658FD.jpeg

SanPatHogger

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
Hogs finally found my feeder on Monday. Put up another camera a threw out corn on Tuesday, They were on it Thursday.
IMG_0207.jpgIMG_0222.jpg

Concrete shooter

Carnivore in Chief
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2012
Moore, ok
Here's something crazy! The buck was tiny, we hunt near Freedom, Oklahoma. Our mature bucks average about 200lbs. This one weighed 128lbs!

Concrete shooter

Carnivore in Chief
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2012
Moore, ok
Best one on our cameras last season. My dad hunted hard for him all season (Oklahoma) finally got him on the last day of the season January 15th!

Hey, I want to clarify: my dad hunted hard for him all season and MY DAD finally got him on the last day...
I ain't tryin' to pull no "stolen valor" crap! Lol!🤣🤣

Shifty6BR

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2013
IL
No trail cam...just woke up one morning and out the front window..

Resized_20200928_070823.jpeg

and back yard

20201010_072545.jpg

Its good to see these guys back in such numbers in our area.

Reactions: CStroud

SanPatHogger

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
The bucks are pretty nice for around here.
Headed out this evening for the hogs.

IMG_0364.jpgIMG_0363.jpgIMG_0362.jpg