• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Trailer: The Men Who Stare at Goats

G

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GC2TzspJn5A"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GC2TzspJn5A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Trailer: The Men Who Stare at Goats

Well...the hooker thing is definitely a lie.

LMAO

I cant wait to see this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...the hooker thing is definitely a lie.

LMAO

I cant wait to see this one. </div></div>

I think this may be hilarious.

I was just wondering yesterday when Jeff Bridges would emerge in another movie. this ought to be funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just wondering yesterday when Jeff Bridges would emerge in another movie. this ought to be funny! </div></div>

Tron is just around the corner heh
laugh.gif

The scary thing is that this movie is based on real events (was it Bragg where this took place in real life?). It's always amazing to learn how my tax dollars are being spent......yeah, teaching "psychic warriors"
mad.gif

Refuse to watch anything with that anti-gun jackass Clooney in it after his heartless statements about Charlton Heston and Altzheimers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike4045</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Refuse to watch anything with that anti-gun jackass Clooney in it after his heartless statements about Charlton Heston and Altzheimers!

</div></div>

+1 looks like a good flick but I too refuse to watch anything with him in the cast.

I had been unaware of the Clooney/Heston issue, but looked it up when I read the above reference. I learned this and more about Clooney that I find very troubling. Not so much for his politics as for his mean spiritedness. I can forgive a man his politics, that's what we Veterans fought for, so people could make choices, but being vicious has no politics. Chuck was right, sometimes class does skip a generation.

Funny, when I was young, I was headstrong and leaned liberally. I think that's a very common stage. Some of us take on responsibilities, and have to deal with harsh realities, and we swing a bit farther over to the right. I think that's also a common process.

Somewhere along the way, some of us get wisdom, and some of us get just plain stubborn.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somewhere along the way, some of us get wisdom, and some of us get just plain stubborn.
Greg </div></div>
<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Amen to that!!</span>

Hollywood is sociologically inbred.

Once accepted within the working fold, they believe they attain an aristocratic status within their own social circles, holding themselves isolated and aloof from the common masses. They equate their status with a form of societal superiority, and truly believe their true value to society is not in their art but in their activism, within which they cloak themselves as if it were a mantle of merit.

In fact, it is simply a veil of delusion, fed by existential extremism, and Utopian fallacy.

Where their art is concerned, there is true merit; and attempting to boycott the art as a statement of idiology is admirable but misplaced. The key point to understand is that boycotts don't work. The act of stoic self denial leaves no mark on its intended recipient, and simply serves as an incentive spurring them on. I would not give them that satisfaction.

As my Father taught me, the the most genuinely effective act of revenge consists of simply living one's own life well. I'll take their art and employ it to entertain me in its intended manner.

The rest, I simply ignore. In ignoring it, I give it the degree of reverence it deserves, which is precisely none. Their activist antics are simply an excercise in impotence where I'm concerned.

As my Father also taught, they can only hurt me if I let them. They may try, but by my own choice, their arrows miss their mark.

I think that's entirely appropriate.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, when I was young, I was headstrong and leaned liberally. </div></div>

One of my favorite sayings:

If you're not liberal when you're young you have no heart, if you're not conservative when you're an adult you have no brain.

People who have nothing to lose but other people's things, and are responsible to only themselves tend to be liberal. People who own worthwhile things and have actual responsibilities toward others are forced by practical reality, in self defense, to embrace conservatism.

I really don't give two shits about Clooney's politics.
If the movie looks good to me, then I'll go see it and enjoy it.

I'm sure you could scroll through the credits at the end of any film and find everything from Jews to Muslims and gun lovers to gun haters.

That's what America is all about. Diverse and sometimes opposing cultures living together.

I do work for people everyday with whom I may not agree politically. So what? They pay me and I'm happy - they're happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really don't give two shits about Clooney's politics.
If the movie looks good to me, then I'll go see it and enjoy it.
</div></div>

-couldn't agree more.

I personally did not care for this movie.

I had high hopes for it...perhaps if I'd been high it would have been better.

Who knows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really don't give two shits about Clooney's politics.

</div></div>

I've never understood this expression.

Does that mean you DO give 1 sh!t?

If you are giving away sh!ts (whether a single sh!t or multiple sh!ts) who is taking them from you?

When "giving 2 sh!ts," do you have to save 1 sh!t in a baggie, while you wait for the second sh!t to come along? Or do you give sh!ts on the installment plan?

Saw the movie last weekend. There was little historical value (based on actual events). It even failed at being a good comedy, just not very funny. It took some swipes at the war and the Bush Admin. (I was trying to enjoy it until that point, then just sat there kinda pissed off).

Save your time and money....wait until it comes out on DVD, but don't buy it.....then wait some more until it's on TV.....by then you'd have forgotten all about this flick...I wish I could.

again...which is why I never feel guilty downloading, watching until I'm bored and deleting...

Yep, my Dad told me (I'm leaving out the quotation marks, since it's been so long I may not get the wording perfect):

It's a big world, with an amazing variety of viewpoints. Some of them are downright stupid. Thank goodness that's not a hangin' offense; or we'd all swing sometime or other...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw the movie last weekend. There was little historical value (based on actual events). It even failed at being a good comedy, just not very funny.<span style="font-weight: bold"> It took some swipes at the war and the Bush Admin. (I was trying to enjoy it until that point, then just sat there kinda pissed off).</span>
Save your time and money....wait until it comes out on DVD, but don't buy it.....then wait some more until it's on TV.....by then you'd have forgotten all about this flick...I wish I could. </div></div>

Seen a couple of flicks like that lately myself. Turns me cold in an instant. I have trouble contributing money to anyone that has that attitude. Just me, just sayin.

I just watched it and thought it was hilarious. It kinda fades in the end, stupid ending or whatever, but I think the whole point of the movie was that everything they did was stupid. I saw a hint of our online characters that come around once in awhile. The cast was wonderful. The plot came together. Jokes were hilarious.
I got my moneys worth.