• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Training in Oregon

KM73

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2019
Oregon
So being the "Noob" "FNG" "Boot" "Cherry" or just the new guy, I am wondering if there is either yearly training or a class offered in Oregon that someone can share the details with me? "What am I looking for?", I am looking for classes that teach wind reading, data development, and analysis, range estimation, as well as long hand firing solutions calculations. I know that ThunderRanch here in Oregon is "Gold Standard" but after looking on their page it seems that the classes they offer are pretty advanced in relation to my skills.

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

So being the "Noob" "FNG" "Boot" "Cherry" or just the new guy, I am wondering if there is either yearly training or a class offered in Oregon that someone can share the details with me? "What am I looking for?", I am looking for classes that teach wind reading, data development, and analysis, range estimation, as well as long hand firing solutions calculations. I know that ThunderRanch here in Oregon is "Gold Standard" but after looking on their page it seems that the classes they offer are pretty advanced in relation to my skills.

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you in advance.
I would check out Firearms Academy of Seattle. They are actually in Chehalis, WA. They offer a 3 day precision rifle class that I absolutely love. I have done it a few times. Can't recommend them enough. They won't cover all of the things you asked for in their class but you will learn a ton. And have a great time!

Oh wow, it looks like I might opt for a detour further north past the Columbia during the spring steelhead run.

Thank you for the info.

I've taken a couple of classes from the previous iteration of moderndaysniper. You will be well served to make the drive from Oregon to Yakima. The instructor lives the curriculum and is a gifted teacher. He will get you up to speed with the introductory course.

Reactions: CaylenW
Farthest target is 1400
I've taken a couple of classes from the previous iteration of moderndaysniper. You will be well served to make the drive from Oregon to Yakima. The instructor lives the curriculum and is a gifted teacher. He will get you up to speed with the introductory course.
1400 yards is great. Longest I’ve shot is 1000. I’ll sign up for your rifle 101 class in May ?.
Kevin

Did you end up taking any classes? I'm starting to look as well.

I was registered for the April 6 class (wind reading) but all the classes got suspended until the virus thing resolves... So, I have a credit for this or another course in the future. Looking forward to it though.