• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Transferring a firearm as an individual to a Florida individual - requirements

RedBreast21

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2020
Tennessee
So, I was recently told by a Florida FFL that in order to sell a firearm (as an out-of-state individual) to a Florida resident, the individual seller must first transfer it to an in-state FFL that will then send it to the Florida FFL.

I have done some due diligence and have not found anything that corroborates that, so I though I would ping the knowledge base here.

OBVIOUSLY, the recipient has to be a Florida FFL . . . so the question is: Does Florida law require that the sender of the firearm be an out-of-state FFL?

Edit: For clarity, this is a rifle.

Last edited:
Some FFL’s don’t like/accept transfers from private individuals, for whatever reason(s). I’ve never run into one here in Bama that objects. Sender only has to include a clear copy of a valid drivers license. My LGS charges $20/per.

what they said. lawful defense and big daddy in gainesville are happy to take from and individual with righteous DL copy. copy of CCP,if held,is a plus but not required. use usps and 2nd day air on a hg. yea there are asshole dealers that want to force a sale of same gun thru them. have never had any hassle from the 2 FFLs above. both about $25.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn