• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Trash panda or nomad

Wall of text doesn't change anyone's mind. If you don't like the product, don't buy it and don't recommend it. Anything else is just a waste of time.

Wall of text doesn't change anyone's mind. If you don't like the product, don't buy it and don't recommend it. Anything else is just a waste of time.

I agree except the op asked which can we would buy....

Lets get something straight here. KB came to this forum months ago, had it out with other members, then tucked tail after everyone asked to see some hard data which KB refused to provide and still refuses to provide with some of the weakest excuses I've ever heard as to why. TBAC don't seem to have any trouble putting together simple and reliable tests and releasing them to the public, and KB/Q wouldn't either if it was a priority at all. Filming yourself metering and releasing an unedited version is hardly difficult. Put 1/10th the effort into that you do into your silly social media Q and it would be done.

KB isn't just an ass, but an anti-consumer one. Purposely withholding reliable data for the sake of sales is an anti-consumer practice. They are hardly alone in the suppressor manufacturing world, but most other suppressor companies aren't coming onto forums and making claims out their ass (just on their own websites).

And just to muddy the waters more ITT: Dead Air claims the Nomad is quieter. Q claims the Trash Panda is quieter. Neither have released test footage, but one is far more reliable and trustworthy than the other.

Furthermore, the Nomad is just a more versatile and durable can. The Nomad can be used with far more mounts and direct thread. It can be basically as light as the Trash Panda using the Griffin TI mount setup, and it can use a better QD system in the Keymo, or any other Omega-compatible mount system if you already are invested in 419 mounts or ASR or whatever. And it can go direct thread. And it is shorter and the baffles are a more durable material. So if we "aren't chasing a few db's" then I'm still not sure why I'd want the Trash Panda over the Nomad.

Not that any of this will matter for the king of unsubstantiated claims, but KB seriously just nut up and take some videos with your pulse FFS.

What if I told you that both cans could be the quietest? What if i told you that dB and perceived volume are not 100% the same?

People need to stop buying cans based on dB claims. It’s too easy to manipulate. Move the microphone, change the load, change this, etc. I bet if I wanted to I could create two scenarios with the same cans that produce different results as to the lowest dB. Also true dB testing requires specific controls and expensive equipment most people don’t have.

Buy cans based on features and such not want one video tests of dB as they are not accurate.

What if I told you that both cans could be the quietest? What if i told you that dB and perceived volume are not 100% the same?

People need to stop buying cans based on dB claims. It’s too easy to manipulate. Move the microphone, change the load, change this, etc. I bet if I wanted to I could create two scenarios with the same cans that produce different results as to the lowest dB. Also true dB testing requires specific controls and expensive equipment most people don’t have.

Buy cans based on features and such not want one video tests of dB as they are not accurate.

So, you just stopped reading 1/2 way down my post huh? I literally fucking say:

"Furthermore, the Nomad is just a more versatile and durable can. The Nomad can be used with far more mounts and direct thread. It can be basically as light as the Trash Panda using the Griffin TI mount setup, and it can use a better QD system in the Keymo, or any other Omega-compatible mount system if you already are invested in 419 mounts or ASR or whatever. And it can go direct thread. And it is shorter and the baffles are a more durable material. So if we "aren't chasing a few db's" then I'm still not sure why I'd want the Trash Panda over the Nomad."

Take five seconds to finish a paragraph before hitting post.

And yeah, everyone knows you can game the meter, and that a true test needs to have multiple samples of the same can on the same host on the same day, actually back to back being better still, on the same proper meter. And guess what? That is exactly how Dead Air tests. According to Todd they did back to back, same host, same load, etc. and the Nomad is quieter. Now sure, maybe change the load and the host to something different (barrel length, pressure, bullet weight, operating system, etc.) and you may get slightly different results. Is Kevin saying that? Fuck no, he is saying unequivocally "muh can is da quietestest (but no see data)."

Oh and FYI, TBAC's videos showing db testing are plenty accurate. Same with suppressed nation. It isn't hard to do right.

0/10

Last edited:
Agreed, if not chasing DB than Nomad is the obvious choice being more durable and from a better company in every way.

Reactions: Potss and Gtscotty
Of course you disagree... Your a salesman... pushing your product and yea Q markets well to a particular market segment. As you have clearly stated you are obviously the only one who has has ever designed supressors brakes etc and all us peasants/fags only speculate blah blah blah and have to take your word for it got it... nobody cares.

It looks to me like, and again I get to speculate well because I can it's the internet... you figured out you can make a super light can out of cheap Ti whether it's mimd or not I dunno because let's be real 90% of your customers are never going to be using their cans full auto so chances of the TP baffles failing are slim for the average consumer and even if it does the cost if a quick replacement is in the margin. That's fine I get it and I think those of us who have been shooting supressed for awhile understand this. There's no inconel, no stellite for that first baffle so if I had to guess that first baffle would get eaten up pretty quick on a 10.5" sbr doing mag dumps. Bolt gun sure it would prolly last awhile but again I'm clueless so who cares what I think.

To my ear and everyone on the range the day a guy showed up his TP agreed, the nomad and I should add, a silencerco hybrid sounded better to our ears than the TP. No DB meter just good old tone comparisons with our mk11 ear drums.

But I'm talking out of my ass...I think most smart people know that you also have a tendency to talk out of your ass too so it's all good.

Some people will buy Q stuff..great good for them no doubt the cans work as do 99% of the cans on the market. Glad we live in a free market system and nfa items are still legal. We as consumers get multiple choices to choose from and I have used cans from just about every mfg in business these days and no axe to grind but there is nothing special about the TP unless weight was your main requirment period.

The OP asked members of this forum which can we would recommend based on what I I hate to say it but our opinions... I answered based on my experience with the TP. Enjoy your stay here on the hide.

*You're

I'm not a "salesman". As a matter of actual fact, and not your forum make-believe bullshit, Q does not even have a single sales person.

Judging by the growing back orders, a lot of people care.

You are ignorant to think Ti is "cheap". You are attempting to spread misinformation. Ti much more expensive than nearly every other material choice. And Ti strength to weight ratio is incredible.

The Cherry Bomb is the blast baffle. It's 17-4 SS, like the NOMAD silencer blast baffle.

The Harvester? Bawhahahaha!!!

I have experience, tools, and an actually equipment. Your comments are false. People at the range with you, in the Niagara Falls area, all agreed you were fabricating the comparison and lying in order to troll me misrepresent actual events.

The Trash Panda is the best selling rifle can on the market, and bc it's incredible. That's why everyone is copying it...Dead Air, Griffin sisters, CGS, etc.

Lets get something straight here. KB came to this forum months ago, had it out with other members, then tucked tail after everyone asked to see some hard data which KB refused to provide and still refuses to provide with some of the weakest excuses I've ever heard as to why. TBAC don't seem to have any trouble putting together simple and reliable tests and releasing them to the public, and KB/Q wouldn't either if it was a priority at all. Filming yourself metering and releasing an unedited version is hardly difficult. Put 1/10th the effort into that you do into your silly social media Q and it would be done.

KB isn't just an ass, but an anti-consumer one. Purposely withholding reliable data for the sake of sales is an anti-consumer practice. They are hardly alone in the suppressor manufacturing world, but most other suppressor companies aren't coming onto forums and making claims out their ass (just on their own websites).

And just to muddy the waters more ITT: Dead Air claims the Nomad is quieter. Q claims the Trash Panda is quieter. Neither have released test footage, but one is far more reliable and trustworthy than the other.

Furthermore, the Nomad is just a more versatile and durable can. The Nomad can be used with far more mounts and direct thread. It can be basically as light as the Trash Panda using the Griffin TI mount setup, and it can use a better QD system in the Keymo, or any other Omega-compatible mount system if you already are invested in 419 mounts or ASR or whatever. And it can go direct thread. And it is shorter and the baffles are a more durable material. So if we "aren't chasing a few db's" then I'm still not sure why I'd want the Trash Panda over the Nomad.

Not that any of this will matter for the king of unsubstantiated claims, but KB seriously just nut up and take some videos with your pulse FFS.
That is not true. That is not why I stopped contributing. I stopped bc the forum is generally blindly biased fanboys, filled with false reports and data (like your's), and constant silliness.

TBAC doesn't EDM bores, they don't taper muzzle devices, use shims, paint their silencers, use 1.5" so back pressure sucks, place muzzle device threads in front of tapers. Basically AAC 2007.

I'm the most pro-consumer. We design and produce the best rifles and silencer available.

How is Dead Air more trustworthy? When have we misrepresented anything?

The Key-mo QD is 7-8 oz. heavier than our mount, uses shims, and is ridiculously expensive. The Q Quickie mount is better. The Nomad with Key-mo is over $1,100 and weighs about 21 oz.

Having threads in rear mounts and front end caps makes the can much weaker, and you lose alignment. It's silly and gimmicky.

I don't make claims.

Reactions: esw004
I have experience, tools, and an actually equipment. Your comments are false. People at the range with you, in the Niagara Falls area, all agreed you were fabricating the comparison and lying in order to troll me misrepresent actual events.

Lol never been to Niagara Falls or anywhere in New England for that matter but it's okay I'm content to leave this thread where it is ?. I think the op has a good picture of both the cans he asked about.

So, you just stopped reading 1/2 way down my post huh? I literally fucking say:

"Furthermore, the Nomad is just a more versatile and durable can. The Nomad can be used with far more mounts and direct thread. It can be basically as light as the Trash Panda using the Griffin TI mount setup, and it can use a better QD system in the Keymo, or any other Omega-compatible mount system if you already are invested in 419 mounts or ASR or whatever. And it can go direct thread. And it is shorter and the baffles are a more durable material. So if we "aren't chasing a few db's" then I'm still not sure why I'd want the Trash Panda over the Nomad."

Take five seconds to finish a paragraph before hitting post.

And yeah, everyone knows you can game the meter, and that a true test needs to have multiple samples of the same can on the same host on the same day, actually back to back being better still, on the same proper meter. And guess what? That is exactly how Dead Air tests. According to Todd they did back to back, same host, same load, etc. and the Nomad is quieter. Now sure, maybe change the load and the host to something different (barrel length, pressure, bullet weight, operating system, etc.) and you may get slightly different results. Is Kevin saying that? Fuck no, he is saying unequivocally "muh can is da quietestest (but no see data)."

Oh and FYI, TBAC's videos showing db testing are plenty accurate. Same with suppressed nation. It isn't hard to do right.

0/10

A) breathe before you give yourself an aneurism

B) you focused a lot on dB performance and that is what I was replying to. My second part says to buy based on features. And if you want the nomad go for it

C) I bet your the type of guy who is pissed off when every truck manufacturer says theirs is the most reliable. Everyone can make their own claim. I don’t agree with kB saying his is the quietest in all settings but to argue dB when you are not testing your gun and your load is preposterous.

D) you have no idea of any manufacture tested everything and choose the gun/load/set up that should them most favorably.

Have a good night

I just ordered a Nomad tonight as well, gunprodeals came back in stock with a deal I couldn't pass up (login only price). It was down to the Nomad or the Vox, but a Nomad (in stock) for Vox money... well decision's made.

The back end modularity was really a selling point, in one of my .30 cal cans i'm locked into specific mounts, and that kind of sucks. With the Omega thread pattern, there are a bunch of good options. The engineering nerd in me was drawn to the C300 construction of the Vox (rifle mufflers are about the least interesting application that stuff is used for), but I also really like 17-4 and spec it in some equipment/applications, good shit.

Don't forget to pick up your free GA Plan-A's with proof of Nomad purchase, deal's good for all of 2019 IIRC.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwest309
That is not true. That is not why I stopped contributing. I stopped bc the forum is generally blindly biased fanboys, filled with false reports and data (like your's), and constant silliness.

TBAC doesn't EDM bores, they don't taper muzzle devices, use shims, paint their silencers, use 1.5" so back pressure sucks, place muzzle device threads in front of tapers. Basically AAC 2007.

I'm the most pro-consumer. We design and produce the best rifles and silencer available.

How is Dead Air more trustworthy? When have we misrepresented anything?

The Key-mo QD is 7-8 oz. heavier than our mount, uses shims, and is ridiculously expensive. The Q Quickie mount is better. The Nomad with Key-mo is over $1,100 and weighs about 21 oz.

Having threads in rear mounts and front end caps makes the can much weaker, and you lose alignment. It's silly and gimmicky.

I don't make claims.

A post containing nothing but weak excuses and red herrings, as expected.

Get back to us when you can be bothered to actually be pro consumer.

He had two good choices.
Kevin, you said your product is more quiet. Does that mean you have metered the Nomad? If so, why can't you just tell us the results? Is there a legal concern?

It's a serious question, not trying to say anything else. I was actually surprised when Dead Air mentioned a competitor by name with specific performance claims, because I rarely see that. I just assumed that nobody wanted to open themselves up to a lawsuit...

Kevin, you said your product is more quiet. Does that mean you have metered the Nomad? If so, why can't you just tell us the results? Is there a legal concern?

It's a serious question, not trying to say anything else. I was actually surprised when Dead Air mentioned a competitor by name with specific performance claims, because I rarely see that. I just assumed that nobody wanted to open themselves up to a lawsuit...
Yes, we have one. We've metered it. It's OK, not as quiet as the claims not posted and deleted on AFC. They mention the Trash Panda bc it a loose copy of it, and the Trash Panda is the best selling rifle silencer.

We don't post numbers bc mfg.'s lie and just change their numbers to be better.

I don't think you should generally buy based on sound performance, or it at least shouldn't be the highest priority, in most cases.

If you want something quiet, the Thunder Chicken dominates and is much quieter that the Nomad.

Light weight is where its at for actual usefulness. Heavy sucks. No one wears cans out, that's all bullshit.

Yes, we have one. We've metered it. It's OK, not as quiet as the claims not posted and deleted on AFC. They mention the Trash Panda bc it a loose copy of it, and the Trash Panda is the best selling rifle silencer.

We don't post numbers bc mfg.'s lie and just change their numbers to be better.

I don't think you should generally buy based on sound performance, or it at least shouldn't be the highest priority, in most cases.

If you want something quiet, the Thunder Chicken dominates and is much quieter that the Nomad.

Light weight is where its at for actual usefulness. Heavy sucks. No one wears cans out, that's all bullshit.
Nice to see you back on the board. Got about another 7 months wait on my El Camino.

When is the Shrimp coming out?

Yes, we have one. We've metered it. It's OK, not as quiet as the claims not posted and deleted on AFC.

I don't know if you're referring to the comparison numbers DA posted up on Arfcom, but they haven't been deleted:

About 2/3 the way down the page

Griffin Armament chimed in on the same thread and said they had metered the Nomad on an 18" .308 and that it performed the same as the Trash Panda they tested. Sounds like the TP and Nomad are pretty similar sound wise.

The Nomad with a Plan-A adapter + titanium minimalist brake runs 15.4 oz, not quite as light as the 13.75 oz of the TP + cherry bomb, but pretty close.

You can actually get it even lighter with the Diversified Machine Omega adapter (.8oz vs the 2.3oz of the Plan A) and the TI minimalist brake. Only about 1oz difference, and obviously if you go with a direct thread TI adapter that shrinks again. Basically zero reason to buy a Trash Panda, especially from a company who lets their CEO come onto boards like this and lie and slander as opposed to actually doing legit testing and posting it.

Last edited:
You can actually get it even lighter with the Diversified Machine Omega adapter (.8oz vs the 2.3oz of the Plan A) and the TI minimalist brake. Only about 1oz difference, and obviously if you go with a direct thread TI adapter that shrinks again. Basically zero reason to buy a Trash Panda, especially from a company who lets their CEO come onto boards like this and lie and slander as opposed to actually doing legit testing and posting it.
No one "let's me." I own it, so I do what i want. I have not lied about anything or "slandered" anyone (although I think you meant libel?). We are great at what we do and perform "legit" testing...that's how we became the best. There's an actual "legit" resume.

silencer shop youtube has nomad and trash panda videos..................

silencer shop youtube has nomad and trash panda videos..................

Silencer Shop's meter is a BK2270 and is incapable of accurately measuring gunshots and therefore their data is useless and irrelevant, comparatively or otherwise. They're one of the largest silencer distributors and yet they can't be bothered to use a meter that meets the minimum standards. Even B&Ks own engineers have stated that Silencer Shop's meter is incapable of accurately measuring gunshots. You also have to take into account that even if it was done with a meter that met the minimum standards that the testing wasn't done side by side which is all the matters when actually comparing numbers.

Maybe if enough people tell them to do their metering correctly with a proper meter that actually meets that standards they'll get their act together. Until they do that, all the data they put out is completely useless and just muddies the waters for people that don't know any better.

Silencer Shop's meter is a BK2270 and is incapable of accurately measuring gunshots and therefore their data is useless and irrelevant, comparatively or otherwise. They're one of the largest silencer distributors and yet they can't be bothered to use a meter that meets the minimum standards. Even B&Ks own engineers have stated that Silencer Shop's meter is incapable of accurately measuring gunshots. You also have to take into account that even if it was done with a meter that met the minimum standards that the testing wasn't done side by side which is all the matters when actually comparing numbers.

Maybe if enough people tell them to do their metering correctly with a proper meter that actually meets that standards they'll get their act together. Until they do that, all the data they put out is completely useless and just muddies the waters for people that don't know any better.

I don't get it. Has anybody talked to them about this directly? Do they have an explanation? I've been hearing this for a long time but nothing changes.

Same with MAC, but it's a little understandable with him because he's not really in the business of selling suppressors I wouldn't expect him to be so willing to spend a bunch of money on an upgrade.

You should see my attempt to engage Mark LaRue on the topic of good metering. I was happy that he responded to me, but I couldn't believe how much he didn't seem to care one bit about any of it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industr...mate-Upper-Receiver-Group/219-286428/&page=18

Starts near the bottom. I think I may have been wrong about the meter, I said it was the Lxt and I think it's the 2270, but I can't believe that he thinks a single shot with somebody just holding the mic up near the gun shows anything useful!

I don't get it. Has anybody talked to them about this directly? Do they have an explanation? I've been hearing this for a long time but nothing changes.

Same with MAC, but it's a little understandable with him because he's not really in the business of selling suppressors I wouldn't expect him to be so willing to spend a bunch of money on an upgrade.

You should see my attempt to engage Mark LaRue on the topic of good metering. I was happy that he responded to me, but I couldn't believe how much he didn't seem to care one bit about any of it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industr...mate-Upper-Receiver-Group/219-286428/&page=18

Starts near the bottom. I think I may have been wrong about the meter, I said it was the Lxt and I think it's the 2270, but I can't believe that he thinks a single shot with somebody just holding the mic up near the gun shows anything useful!

Go look on my post on Arfcom in the Silencer Shop Nomad metering thread. They've known it's an issue for a long time. Send a message to Silencer Shop requesting they do metering properly with the correct equipment that meets the standards required, and get a lot of other people to do it too. Until Silencer Shop hears from enough people on the issue, nothings going to change. Consumer education is important.

And yes, the meter shown in that video you're talking about is useless. It's a Larsen Davis meter, the name can be seen when he's holding it.

Last edited:
Metered the Trash Panda, Nomad, Omega and a slew of other cans today. Hosts where bone stock M16 (11.5" and 16"), Honey Badger and an AR10. Video coming in the next few weeks on Suppressed Nation.

Damnit man just tell us the results haha

Reactions: Gtscotty
in case you haven't been following the saga, we have a situation where Dead Air says they are quieter and provided some hard data. KB/Q says they are quieter and has never provided data of any kind.

A wise person would not take KB's claims at face value.

ETA: you can see the details in Todd's post toward the bottom of this page:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Nomad-Vs-Trash-Panda/20-496474/

Such shit. I've not stated anything that's untrue. They can't say that. Silencer Shop video confirms it.

Honey Badger silencer is designed for the HB in 300blk.

Testing in .223? Who cares...

Such shit. I've not stated anything that's untrue. They can't say that. Silencer Shop video confirms it.

Are we moving goal posts now?

"Testing in .223? Who cares..."

Practically everybody considering buying one of your suppressors, I imagine...

Last edited:
Are we moving goal posts now?

"Testing in .223? Who cares..."

Practically everybody considering buying one of your suppressors, I imagine...

So, ignore your claim about my alleged dishonesty? And the fact that, as I stated, and countering everything DA claimed, the Trash Panda is a lighter, smaller, less expensive, QUIETER .30 silencer than the Nomad...

Last edited:
Once the data on suppressed nation comes out, it will lay all words to rest.

So, ignore your claim about my alleged dishonesty? And the fact that, as I stated, and countering everything DA claimed, the Trash Panda is a lighter, smaller, less expensive, QUIETER .30 silencer than the Nomad...
I never said you were dishonest (although many others have). I said you contradict the claims made by others but you never provide data to back it up. Then when somebody's data of somewhat dubious quality comes out that validates (partially) your claims, you jump all over it... What are you going to say if somebody else generates some data that contradicts the SS testing?

How about you at least add some qualifiers to your claims? Are you only talking about 300 blackout? Are you only talking about subsonic? What do you claim regarding 308? 6.5? 5.56? Etc.

I never said you were dishonest (although many others have). I said you contradict the claims made by others but you never provide data to back it up. Then when somebody's data of somewhat dubious quality comes out that validates (partially) your claims, you jump all over it... What are you going to say if somebody else generates some data that contradicts the SS testing?

How about you at least add some qualifiers to your claims? Are you only talking about 300 blackout? Are you only talking about subsonic? What do you claim regarding 308? 6.5? 5.56? Etc.

"A wise person would not take KB's claims at face value." You are a joke.

Me and I'd guess lots of other shooters, 300 BLK subsonic is quiet and makes for a neat toy, but the full power chamberings are all around far more useful. I'd guess that the majority of my supressed shooting is done using a 6.5 CM and a 5.56, with the balance being .30-06 and .308, so numbers on those kinds of hosts are most interesting to me.

I'm excited to see Suppressed Nation's back to back testing, they used a few B&K 2209s and will have numbers, muzzle and ear, same day/same host for the Vox, Trash Panda, Omega, Nomad, and, I think the Resonator. Their videos have been getting better, and better, this one should be the most interesting yet due to the scope and scale of the direct comparisons.

A couple of you voiced concern over the Trash Panda durability on page one of this thread(or maybe is was just Husky, not sure). I have no personal experience with them but just so happened to run across this vid when researching it yesterday. It’s a cut scene but apparently he puts 500 rounds through a TP, rapid fire and full auto. I didn’t think you could do that to such a light weight 100% Ti can. Perhaps I missed some details, and somebody can fill me in. I own a bunch of cans....and they’re all in jail, so I have near zero real world experience with them. The TP Seems rather durable to me though.

Reactions: Sds91tx
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. Pretty well known that these cans won’t hold up to even moderate full auto use.

Full auto rated with no barrel length restrictions? It’s a marketing ploy based on risk management. How many folks do you figure own a machine gun and are willing to wait a year for a can and then destroy it?

I’m guessing Not too many are going to come in for warranty work. It’s a conscious decision to confuse consumers based on the extremely low likelihood of the necessity to provide a replacement.

This is not my ig post but I saw it online yesterday. I have previously seen a video of a similarly destroyed can that someone in the Industry was sharing.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. Pretty well known that these cans won’t hold up to even moderate full auto use.

Full auto rated with no barrel length restrictions? It’s a marketing ploy based on risk management. How many folks do you figure own a machine gun and are willing to wait a year for a can and then destroy it?

I’m guessing Not too many are going to come in for warranty work. It’s a conscious decision to confuse consumers based on the extremely low likelihood of the necessity to provide a replacement.

This is not my ig post but I saw it online yesterday. I have previously seen a video of a similarly destroyed can that someone in the Industry was sharing.

View attachment 7076863
thanks for posting - i'm getting rid of all my Full Auto guns now - I am glad I read this on internet. will sleep better tonight. anybody that has full auto - get biggest ,baddest can you can afford and don't bitch . for everyone else - buy one you like for sound or weight or pretty color or screwed up cool name. A can is like a woman - all kinds and none will give you everything .