• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRASOL vs Strelok Pro

Hi,

I removed my post...this is getting too off topic. I am out.
Let me know when you arrive at Overberg Test Facility in order for you to see what can really be done vs reading what can be done.
I will meet you there.

Sincerely,
Theis
I removed my answer too then.

re: Overberg -- are you from ZA? (The profile says "Louisiana".) Wish I had access to a place like that; must be really exciting. I hope to have soon an opportunity to experience some of it first hand without having to travel across the globe.

re: what can really be done -- I recently had some very interesting exchanges on that very matter; RUAG equipment in Thun can reliably trace a .30 cal bullet roughly up to 1.5Km, then, indeed, it may get erratic. Don't know the exact type and specs of the equipment though (and I don't think I'll ever be allowed to play with it).

Hi,

LOLOLOL

I am from wherever the industry takes me.

In regards to RUAG at Thun. I just do not see how that 1.5km can be done, lol...the testing range in Thun is nowhere near that long. Here are pictures of the RUAG test range in Thun. I have been there a few times for experiments and studies.

RUAG.jpg
RUAG2.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

LOLOLOL

I am from wherever the industry takes me.

In regards to RUAG at Thun. I just do not see how that 1.5km can be done, lol...the testing range in Thun is nowhere near that long. Here are pictures of the RUAG test range in Thun. I have been there a few times for experiments and studies.

[... PICS ...]

Sincerely,
Theis
You lucky b...! That is über-cool!
(Allright, shouldn't complain, to each his job.)

Well, if you ever find yourself in the area again, you'd be welcome to give me a shout; there's a nice mountain shooting range about 40 minutes drive from there.
Or at the very least it could be some of the country's best wines in exchange for some wisdom :)

Last edited: