• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Traveling Question

Beachrider99

Left edge
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2020
NC
I am looking to start traveling for matches. I have a question. Everything that I read online on ATF website leads me to believe when traveling across state lines with a suppressor I dont need to do anything special. Is this correct? How do yall do it?

I was told locked in the furthest point of the vechial like a locked trunk unload was good enough but god only knows all the different laws between each state anymore not to mention all the crazy crap they will be trying to push in the future I just know stay away from NJ and NY just to stay safe . Best of luck to you .

I am looking to start traveling for matches. I have a question. Everything that I read online on ATF website leads me to believe when traveling across state lines with a suppressor I dont need to do anything special. Is this correct? How do yall do it?
I don’t know if it’s the correct way, but I just leave mine attached to my rifle in it’s case in the back seat of my truck. From what I understand is as long as it’s legal in that state you’re allowed to bring it with you.

Reactions: Beachrider99
I was told locked in the furthest point of the vechial like a locked trunk unload was good enough but god only knows all the different laws between each state anymore not to mention all the crazy crap they will be trying to push in the future I just know stay away from NJ and NY just to stay safe . Best of luck to you .
Exactly, I just want to know how most are doing it. I had read some of the older threads on here. (i didnt ask without using the search) hah. I will mostly be in traveling from NC to VA,SC,GA and FL

All a suppressor is, in terms of travel is another firearm

it is treated roughly the same way, you just don't declare it separately, keep a copy of the stamp under your foam in the case, and pretend it's not even there.

If you traveled with one separately, meaning no rifle, it's supposed to be declared like a firearm. Otherwise just keep it in the case, say nothing and drive on. Lately they have been very good with our rifles, I travel with one every trip and I am 1K Premier flyer, never without a weapon. They are waking up and too busy to worry about it, Fill out you card, drop it off where ever the agent says, and don't sweat it. They are just another bag.