• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG-22 6.5 Creedmoor..Magic Piece of Gear!

wooferocau

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Victoria,Australia
After spending most of my time shooting an AWSM .338 Lapua and after using my friends TRG 42 in 338 Lapua i thought id jump and get a TRG 22 In 6.5 Creedmoor.

The TRG rifles for me are much easier to shoot than the AI....So a "baby" TRG in 6.5 is even more a pleasure to shoot.

The TRG is proving to be a phenomenally accurate rifle......it is just so consistent even over a wide range of loads. The 6.5 Creedmoor has also been a revelation.... mild recoil and amazing accuracy. It made us wonder why we had been using 338 Lapua,s.

I have just stated using the Berger 140 VLD,s which are proving to be excellent. Shot these out 1380mtrs last weekend and was amazed .....very good trajectory!

A couple of pics..

Attachments

• photo56486.jpg
    photo56486.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 393
  • photo56487.jpg
    photo56487.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 409
  • photo56491.jpg
    photo56491.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 423
  • photo56490.jpg
    photo56490.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 409
  • photo56489.jpg
    photo56489.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 406
  • photo56488.jpg
    photo56488.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 448
  • photo56492.jpg
    photo56492.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 473
  • photo56493.jpg
    photo56493.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 484
  • photo56494.jpg
    photo56494.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 479
The TRG rifles are very nice rifles and the 6.5 creedmoor is a well designed round. I did not realize that Sako was making them in 6.5 CM. Nice shooting!

Out of curiosity, what do you do after the barrel is shot out? Send it back to Sako for a new factory barrel? What's that cost?

I have a couple of Mark Chanlynn Heavy Palma profiles blanks waiting for when the time comes..

But, for now the factory barrel is VERY impressive..

Out of curiosity, what do you do after the barrel is shot out? Send it back to Sako for a new factory barrel? What's that cost?

They can be rebarreled unlike Styer which are pressed in. I think because its not commonly seen many folks assume its difficult.

APA was doing quite a few at one point assuming he still does.

OP...sooooo many questions for you. Over the years I get an AI and eventualy get rid of it primarly because to me they feel clunky.

TRG I consider equal to the AE which I have now. I would give a nod in durrability to the bonded AI's.

For a person who came off an AW and now running a TRG its encouraging to hear such positive reports.

A06

OP...sooooo many questions for you. Over the years I get an AI and eventualy get rid of it primarly because to me they feel clunky.

TRG I consider equal to the AE which I have now. I would give a nod in durrability to the bonded AI's.

For a person who came off an AW and now running a TRG its encouraging to hear such positive reports.

A06

Yep, i am enjoying the TRG way more than the AWSM...

The ergonomics of the TRG for me are spot on, makes it much more of a pleasure to use .

The accuracy is also another big surprise.....the AWSM could shoot , but not with the consistency that i am getting from the TRG. My Friend who has the TYG-42 came around this arvo and ran a few groups through my TRG-22 6.5 ...he shot "4" 1/4 moa groups one after the other....itys a very inexpressive rifle.

I put 2700 rounds trough my AWSM and never enjoyed it as much as the TRG .....and i have only put through 300 rounds through the TRG!

This is my AWSM and my friends TRG 42,s with one of my No4T,s .

10q08p2.jpg

My AWSM and some of my classic sniping rifles...

16h85sm.jpg

Reactions: JeffLebowski
After spending most of my time shooting an AWSM .338 Lapua and after using my friends TRG 42 in 338 Lapua i thought id jump and get a TRG 22 In 6.5 Creedmoor.

The TRG rifles for me are much easier to shoot than the AI....So a "baby" TRG in 6.5 is even more a pleasure to shoot.

The TRG is proving to be a phenomenally accurate rifle......it is just so consistent even over a wide range of loads. The 6.5 Creedmoor has also been a revelation.... mild recoil and amazing accuracy. It made us wonder why we had been using 338 Lapua,s.

I have just stated using the Berger 140 VLD,s which are proving to be excellent. Shot these out 1380mtrs last weekend and was amazed .....very good trajectory!

A couple of pics..

Very Nice!!! Do you know if it comes with small firing pin?

Very nice collection! I love the classic rifles (well all of them actually).

i bought a 6.5CM TRG-22 back in December and am quite impressed with it as well. I am a big AI fan but this gun it just fun to shoot. Great trigger and like your friend, I am able to shoot very accurately and consistently with it, which amazes me. Enjoy the rifle.

Very nice collection! I love the classic rifles (well all of them actually).

i bought a 6.5CM TRG-22 back in December and am quite impressed with it as well. I am a big AI fan but this gun it just fun to shoot. Great trigger and like your friend, I am able to shoot very accurately and consistently with it, which amazes me. Enjoy the rifle.

The L42A1 is still one of my favourite rifles.....and it is extremely accurate.

2 of the groups below, were shot by myself and a friend who has the TRG 42. These 2 groups were shot at a "genuine" 200mtrs... which is very difficult with 2x optics...

L42A1 200mtrs

1hxij6.jpg

L42A1 200mtrs

dlt0g9.jpg

1z3sava.jpg

View through No32 Mk3 ( L1A1) @ 200mtrs

330znz8.jpg

Reactions: JeffLebowski

Both short action customs and ga precision will rechamber the trg. I sent my 308 out to ga precision to have it chambered in 6mm creedmoor. The thing shoots fantastic. Was able to shoot this 5 shot group at 1000 yards off an lra bipod. It’s the only group I shot at 1000 yards with it. I usually shoot at clay birds or steel.

Attachments

• 20573745-DB1A-4E20-8ECD-52BBA9AD4987.jpeg
    20573745-DB1A-4E20-8ECD-52BBA9AD4987.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 95
This thread is about 2 years old but for those needing TRG barrels, we have them in a variety of calibers ready to go using a barrel nut type system from our SOTIC rifle.
We have:
6mm CM
6.5 CM
.260 Rem
.300WM
https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product-category/sako-trg/
All are top end brands like Krieger, etc.
Thanks guys,
Justin

If anyone needs to re-barrel a SAKO TRG, I was just told that Robert Gradous can do it for you. This makes me feel really good. The rifle that he made in 6.5 CM is fantastic.

The TRG is one of my top two favorite purpose built military sniper rifles. The other being the AI's. I'll be picking up a TRG sometime in the future to round out my Euro collection.