• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 22 in 308

Kurt217

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2014
I have a few Sako rifle they were my fathers love, I inherited a few including a custom made by the late John Bennet Cays of Pennsylvania. I recently purchased the TRG 22 in 308 and am thoroughly impressed. Using factory ammo federal premium 168 sierra match kings to obtain brass in these crazy times I was able to consistently shoot 3 shot groups of about 1/2 inch from sand bags at 100 yards. We then sent a few 168 grain handloads through the crono at 2604 fps from there we used the ballistic calculator and moved to 300. I am running a zeiss v4 conquest 6-24x50mm and it was dead on after zeroing at 100. the federal premium factory ammo I was able to fire 3 shot group at the same 1/2 in group at 300. I know this is not my fathers SAKO but he was behind me on that trigger today and it felt great. He taught me how to shoot at a very young age. last year I took a whitetail at over a quarter mile with my Sako 7mm rem mag and 3-9 Zeiss he was there as well. My Father is no longer with us but every time im on that weapon I can hear him in my ear. My father owned a gun shop in the poconos I was in there every day, those old PA hunters were shooters.

Awesome story. I took my girls out dove hunting yesterday, to the same place my dad took me when I was a kid. I can still smell the same smells, of the wet sage in the desert. It was a great time had by all.